The Weird Al Thread

ATTENTION: If you had an account that was created before September 1st 2021 you will need to re-create your account again. We apologize for this inconvenience. This should not happen again.

Dvandom

Citizen
Yes, it's aggressively a mockumentary, slotting Al into the stereotypical rock biopic.

---Dave

Axaday

Citizen
I get it and I think it is clever, but I would have preferred a straight movie about him.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Honestly it says something about the media literacy of a bunch of people that I've seen a ton of folks not understanding it's a parody and not a true story after that last trailer. I mean they absolutely could not have made it any more blazingly obvious.

-ZacWilliam, Al himself was joking how "Weird Al and Madonna" was now like the third autofill for his name.

Pocket

Yep.
Citizen
In all likelihood Al has had a pretty mundane life aside from the part about being one of the funniest songwriters of all time, which we already knew. If a famous entertainer has a life that's anywhere near as eventful as their career in entertainment, at least 9 times out of 10 it's not for good reasons. I'm... not even sure I can think of an example of the tenth case.

Coglestop

Grand Emperor of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Most dramatic thing I can think of in his life was the death of both his parents in a tragic carbon monoxide poisoning incident.

Axaday

Citizen
As I watched the trailer I was beginning to think it was a little mean-spirited or something, but then I did notice that Weird Al was playing a character in the movie himself and the gag became clear.

Top Bottom