The Weird Al Thread

Cybersnark

Citizen
Because why shouldn't we have one?

Prompting this is a recent announcement that the Roku Channel will be making a biopic of the man, starring. . . Daniel Radcliffe?!

In a statement, Weird Al said, “When my last movie UHF came out in 1989, I made a solemn vow to my fans that I would release a major motion picture every 33 years, like clockwork. I’m very happy to say we’re on schedule.” He also noted, “I have no doubt whatsoever that this is the role future generations will remember [Radcliffe] for.”

MorganDfX

Photographer/3H Fan
Citizen
I still don’t see the hate for it. I mean it sucks he can’t act as himself but I am open to new people playing him. He’s one of my favorite artist growing up

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
I'm fairly certain this movie will just be a full length version of this skit. Except starring Harry Potter and not Jesse Pinkman.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Actually now that you bring it up, that's almost definitely what's going to happen. There was a statement from someone involved with the film—already long buried by the Twitter algorithm—saying something like "Once I started to dig into his past, I knew this had to be a movie." Which contradicts how mundane he's always made his life out to be in Q&As and such.

ChessPieceFace

Citizen
Yes, there's no mystery about that. The biopic has the same name ("Weird: The Al Yankovic Story"), writer & director (Eric Appel), concept ("his meteoric rise to fame, ...torrid celebrity love affairs and famously depraved lifestyle") and production company (Funny Or Die) as the 2010 "trailer."

Deadline has more details than the link above: https://deadline.com/2022/01/daniel...-in-roku-biopic-from-funny-or-die-1234913838/

ZacDeath

WWOPD
Citizen
I still love listening to Weird Al, even his new stuff, but in my old age, I no longer keep up with modern pop music. To me, Al's version is the original, and when I eventually hear the real one, I think, who sings this crappy cover of a Weird Al song. "Party in the CIA" for life.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
My mind was blown the day I heard a parody of a Weird Al original song.

It was a Harry Potter reworking of Hardware Store.

Top Bottom