The US Supreme Court and its decisions

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
Clarence Thomas legitimately loves his wife.
He's willing to burn the sanctity of the Supreme Court to the ground to protect her.

MrBlud

Citizen
This wasn’t a Supreme Court decision per se.

Thomas is in charge of appeals for all of Georgia.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
There is a significant difference between "Ha ha! You suck at math" and "My god told my parents that you aren't human". Driving people to suicide is NOT bullying, it is murder.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
It continues to baffle me that the idealized American Dream involves leaving the world a better place for your children then you yourself had it yet at the same time the same people who pine for that dream also tell others "I had it bad so why shouldn't you?"

MrBlud

Citizen
I would assume it’s done out of a mixture of “fairness” (nebulous though that is) and the weirdly American thinking that “a hard life builds character” …rather than you know make life miserable for no good reason.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
It's the same way that Christ espoused peace, forgiveness, and love for your fellow man, while so-called Christians scream hate, intolerance, and calls to war on anyone different.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
It continues to baffle me that the idealized American Dream involves leaving the world a better place for your children then you yourself had it yet at the same time the same people who pine for that dream also tell others "I had it bad so why shouldn't you?"
More and more, I've seen right-winger tough guys cite this as their new gospel:

“Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
Of course, they don't think they're the weak men in that equation. They all think they're the rugged individualists who bootstrap themselves through life while listening to Joe Rogan.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Having mommy and daddy leave you tons of money makes you strong. That's the way it works, isn't it?

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
It's the same way that Christ espoused peace, forgiveness, and love for your fellow man, while SOME so-called Christians scream hate, intolerance, and calls to war on anyone different.
Fixed it for you. Not all people, of any ethnicity, religion or other such group, etc are all the same.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
Fixed it for you. Not all people, of any ethnicity, religion or other such group, etc are all the same.
As a Christian - no. No you didn't fix it.

Firstly because the some was already implied with "so-called". That was a grace given to those of us who don't have our heads shoved so far up our own asses we're tasting the Silver they paid Judas.

But also because, again speaking as a Christian...we own those that do scream hate, bigotry, and intolerance. We own them because they have a platform - a large platform. And while there's plenty being done within the Christian community to combat this (Hell the United Methodist Church is experiencing a full blown schism event over this), we still need to own the harm our fellowship as a whole has done.

While Christ may have said let not the left hand know what the right is doing when it came to charity, when it comes to reconciliation and healing we MUST acknowledge the hurt committed - committed deliberately I might add. The whole body of Christ doesn't get to backhand someone to the ground with their right hand while the left hand offers them a way back to their feet. Christ taught on that too. We must cut off the right hand that offers such offense. Until we do that fully, we have to accept our own contribution to continued pain and injustice.

For my part, instead of insisting "I'm not with them!" I use the shame of being associated with such people to drive me to demand my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ be better.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
As a Christian - no. No you didn't fix it.
As a Christian myself, I've often seen "so called (insert group here)" to represent ALL of the aforementioned group being discussed (online), especially Christians. If you didn't mean that, then my apologies and thanks for the clarification.

Top Bottom