The Twit destroying Twitter is a Twaitor

Paladin

Citizen

Ironbite4

Citizen
Yeah Musky's taking the mask off and putting on the pillow case.

Ironbite-ADVERTISERS LOVE THAT!

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Did twitter really have this far to fall? Cause for a company that wasn't actually profitable to begin with: it sure has a lot of leg left to it.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
That still doesn't tell the whole story. Even with no filters, there's no reason a site as large and diverse as Twitter should have something like that floating to the absolute top of the results just based on raw analytics data. Someone is manipulating the numbers somehow.

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
Wow, it's almost like he's a spoiled rich kid out of touch with factual reality.

EHgj-DYXkAQmNhg.jpg

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
That is actually rather disturbing. I am not a lawyer and haven't read said bill, but shielding companies from the consequences of acting recklessly generally doesn't end well for anyone except said company.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Just watch. After this whole Disney thing we're going to end up giving SpaceX its own government.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Oh, that'll be hilarious. Cause musk won't voluntarily withdraw from the EU, he'll just operate in violation of the laws and expect to be the exception to the rule because... he's elon musk? And you can fully expect twitter to be retaliating against agents and organizations of the EU and in the process further the disinformation the change in rules is hoping to stop.

Like, seriously, how much farther does twitter fall before it hits bottom? For a company that wasn't profitable to begin with, they seem to have some deep reserves.

NovaSaber

Citizen
So, he'll censor stuff to keep Twitter from being banned in Turkey, but he's okay with getting it banned in the entire EU?

Anonymous X

Citizen
Going slightly off topic, I find it depressing how people I followed on twitter still use the system, as in primarily in terms of their social media / micro-blogging habits. I guess as the main alternative, Mastodon will never be mainstream. It’s just too ‘computer nerd’ oriented, and engagement there is low… But at least in my situation, I’d rather be on a low-traffic platofrm than the unregulated altright cesspit that twitter has become.

Top Bottom