The Twit destroying Twitter is a Twaitor

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
"Inadvertently." Sure.

Wouldn't have been the first time someone there torched as much as they could on the way out.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
After breaking the daily post limiting yet again on the main app and breaking Tweetdeck logins, they pushed back the API changes yet again.

Also in regards to Elon freaking out about no longer being popular on Twitter like mentioned earlier, he's now forcing his Tweets to show up on everyone's "For You" timeline. As if it wasn't useless enough already.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Heh... can you block him there? Cause it wouldn't be hard to get a concerted effort going to literally just block him every day.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
It wasn't already doing that? The first time I was hit with "For You", it had one of Musk's tweets at the top.

I have a browser extension that removes "For You" altogether installed now.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen

Certainly seems secure!

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Not only that, but if you DO have it turned on and don't turn it off in time, you'll straight up lose access to your account. (Honestly, the app-based method is better, but this screams "We can't afford the SMS bills anymore unless you're paying too.")

Ironbite4

Citizen
Yeeeeeeep. He's trying to save $60 million a year by turning off a free security feature.

Ironbite-this is a smart man.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
Not only that, but if you DO have it turned on and don't turn it off in time, you'll straight up lose access to your account. (Honestly, the app-based method is better, but this screams "We can't afford the SMS bills anymore unless you're paying too.")
Because apparently he fired everyone who knew how to automatically disable it for people who weren't paying, I guess?

NovaSaber

Citizen

One of Scott Adams’s fans on Twitter is the chief twit himself, Elon Musk. The billionaire and self-professed free-speech crusader has engaged with Adams on the platform before, but he did more than just come to the cartoonist’s defense over the weekend. He tweeted and deleted a Twitter reply regarding the newspaper backlash to Adams in which he wondered, “What exactly are they complaining about?” Then, in a pair of tweet replies, Musk alleged that “the media is racist,” adding that:

For a *very* long time, US media was racist against non-white people, now they’re racist against whites & Asians. Same thing happened with elite colleges & high schools in America. Maybe they can try not being racist.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Hundreds this week, but he's likely to lose the rest of them if he doesn't find some new means of distribution because his own syndicate also dropped him.

The Plain Dealer dropped it so fast, they didn't even have time to find a replacement, so they're just running a gray box with the text "New comic coming soon."

By an unfortunate coincidence, I decided to jettison my collection of Dilbert books several months ago by donating them to our library's book sale, both in response to whatever bullshit he had said most recently and because I needed to make room for my new Pogo hardbacks. The reason it's unfortunate is that the sale is this weekend. So on one hand, people might see them and think "Oh, someone is getting rid of their collection over what he said last week", but on the other hand, they might actually get bought and not burned on my front lawn and have the photos posted on Twitter with an @ to Scott's account like they deserve.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
Burning them wouldn't accomplish much since Adams would probably point out that you're just contributing to air pollution and he still has your money. But posting them in a used book sale means he's losing a sale, which might bother him. You could also toss them in with paper recycling in the hopes that they'll get turned into something useful.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
FB friend:
You know, most CEOs would at least PRETEND to feel bad about firing thousands of people, and then they'd say it's "unfortunate but necessary" or something to that effect. But Musk can't hide the fact that he enjoyed firing all those people. He likes to hurt people to make himself feel powerful, just like Trump or any other bully.

Nevermore

Citizen
Elon is having his broken clock moment:

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Tad hypocritical of him given how his 'autopilot' works. Frankly "I don't see AI helping us make cars any time soon, At that point ... there's no point in any of us working." SHOULD be the goal of automation. Allow people to follow their passions instead of forcing them to do a job they hate just to put food in their bellies and a roof over their head. Granted, to hit that goal, eventually we'd have to drop capitalism and switch to some other economic system. That's what he's actually scared of, loosing his power as part of the capitalist class.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Sadly, until the 1% are willing to actually SHARE, we as a species literally cannot take the next step in automation because those psychopaths have absolutely no problems with condemning all of us to homelessness and starvation while replacing all human labour with the cheapest chinese knock-offs of commander data they can get.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Tad hypocritical of him given how his 'autopilot' works. Frankly "I don't see AI helping us make cars any time soon, At that point ... there's no point in any of us working." SHOULD be the goal of automation. Allow people to follow their passions instead of forcing them to do a job they hate just to put food in their bellies and a roof over their head. Granted, to hit that goal, eventually we'd have to drop capitalism and switch to some other economic system. That's what he's actually scared of, loosing his power as part of the capitalist class.

Early 1900s: "We'll automate all the soul-crushing work so everyone can make writing, art, and music!"
2020s: "We'll automate all the writing, art and music so everyone can do all the soul-crushing work!"

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
I seem to remember that there was a study that revealed that the position of CEO could largely be automated away. Maybe that's why he's scared of AI all of a sudden.

Top Bottom