The Twit destroying Twitter is a Twaitor

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
He'll just keep grafting more feet donated by his cult following to his lower extremities. It'll be awhile before he runs out.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen

I actually hadn't thought about that aspect of it.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
The login thing is bigger than I thought too.. I was just thinking in terms of mobile games, but apparently Japanese Twitter is in a frenzy and bailing to Mastodon because a bunch of them used Twitter logins for Pixiv(which is basically THE Japanese art site), which not only may break access but there's fears their accounts may be deleted... and on top of that a bunch of Japanese users are seemingly getting banned out of the blue with no reason they can see, from what I'm hearing.

*edit*
And the prices... yeah, no non-corp is gonna be paying those:
PNAkgjt.png

*second edit*
And more ads for everyone!
a1a2da1f43487d24.jpg

Last edited:

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
At every turn we receive more evidence that he doesn't know what he's doing. Just throwing things out and frantically backpedaling when people who aren't his 'yes men' scream about what a bad idea it is.

If anyone really needed a fearless sidekick to tell him he's a dumbass, it's this guy.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
The people who most need to be told they're dumbasses, are also the people most likely to refuse the statement. If you're so narcissistic and obtuse that you never have the thought "Is it me? Am I the problem here?" then you won't believe it when other people say it to you.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
ANd now they apparently accidentally turned on a daily limit on how many tweets you can send. Bet this was intended for the new bot API and got applied to everyone(or they're going to make you pay for a check mark to send unlimited tweets per day if I wanted to be more cynical)

1f2be4175e257511.png

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
Yeah, they made changes to the API, apparently not realizing that their own site uses the API to do esoteric things like "making a tweet". Clearly there was no chance that was going to backfire.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I mean, I can think of some people who would benefit both themselves and their followers by only being allowed to tweet a few times a day...

(and that's not counting the even larger number of people who would do themselves and the world an even bigger favor by reducing that number to zero)

Ironbite4

Citizen
He got less then 1% of the twitter base to subscribe to Blue. He does this, that number goes up to 3% as the other 97% hug right the hell off the site.

Ironbite-this will not be pretty if they do this.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
He locked hardware features behind dlc software on his cars,. OF COURSE he's gonna try to limit the functionality of non subscribers on Twitter.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Well now we know why the rate limit thing happened:
"It turns out that an employee had inadvertently deleted data for an internal service that sets rate limits for using Twitter. The team that worked on that service left the company in November."
But I guess those employees weren't necessary, right?

Also rumors of a FTC audit this quarter, which could also finish the job of tanking it via fines.

(Headline is kinda useless. The real meat of it is further in, including the stuff I mentioned above)

Top Bottom