The Twit destroying Twitter is a Twaitor

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Or having a working service apparently.

Currently Austrailia and New Zealand are 14 hours into an outage
337f172ebb8844cc.png

And apparently they've got sustained 50% packet loss to Twitter since it started. I bet Musk is like "Works fine for me!"

Also that scraped DB of account info is on the loose now.

*edit* ALso from the Mastodon Infosec community:

Been trying avoid sharing things from Twitter but today the "Twitter Files" shared proof of government overreach with .... Knowledge and Threat sharing efforts!

Beyond the obvious fact none of this is malicious (Even in the screenshots it shows "This requires no action") this sends a chilling message to threat sharing programs everywhere. Is your TLP labeled information going to be published and misused? Is your hard earned intel which you shared for bettering of companies going to be published and become unusable?

Answer: Potentially yes.

I know why this is all shared, people who don't read get feelings from what looks like bad. But this is going to have serious consequences for information security teams across many
businesses.

And I saw something about the guy who posted the most recent "Twitter FIles" post over on the birdsite is a (former?)Kremlin propogandist? Haven't looked too much into that but wouldn't be surprised.

Last edited:

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Last edited:

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
So he's copying Reddit. And DeviantArt. And probably a bunch of other sites I'm not zoomer enough to know about.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
They also reverted the app back to having the algorithm and chronological timelines on separate tabs(Defaulting to the algorithm of course) and changed the names to obscure it from people who aren't paying attention.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
"Could God make a rock so heavy he couldn't lift it?"

"Could Musk unban a user so toxic Musk had to re-ban him?"

Same energy.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
2478bac16920205f.png

I'm sure this'll go as well for them as removing 3rd party clients did. Corps will still pay for their stuff to keep working, doubt anyone else will. It'll do nothing about hostile bots either because most just used the web client - the only ones that used the API were the fun ones like all the dril remixes.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
You'd think he be out of foot by now, or least would choose to stop using the machine gun to shoot himself there.

Top Bottom