The Twit destroying Twitter is a Twaitor

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen

Because the best way to satisfy regulatory agencies that you're following the law is to fire or drive off the people who report to those agencies and not replace them.

(Also unrelated, but EM authorized the release of BETA self-driving software to Teslas and promptly cause a multi-car pileup on the San Fran bay bridge. On Thanksgiving.)

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
So what's going to tank Twitter first? The lack of engineers to keep the wheels on? The lack of any sort of income when all advertisers run away screaming? Or the EU fining it into nonexistance because Musk refuses to do anything about the trolls whose politics he agrees with?

So many choices, so little time, eh Elon?

NovaSaber

Citizen
Some weird cryptobro fans not only thought this was a good idea, but paid over half a million dollars for an ugly scrap metal sculpture.
goatsgiving.jpeg

I dub it...Elongoated Muskrocket

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
and it turns out that the personal touch was just what this didn't need. Well done keeping the **** up rolling, Elon!

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
How is he not purposely trying to sink Twitter? I understand that he's rich-boy-divorced-from-reality incompetent, but there's no way that this is all just a perfect storm of incompetence with no malicious intent fueling it.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I think that he is purposely sinking twitter, at least subconciously. The entire reason he bought twitter is to stop the people badmouthing him on it. Welp, no one can use it to badmouth him if it's gone.

And the few employees that are left (nominally the ones that are trapped by contracts.) are pretty much just burning it down now. Twitter is dead, but nothing will end until the corpse stops twitching.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
This feels a bit like the pot calling the kettle black, but FurAffinity, of all places, has decided to get in on the mocking-Elon train and they've gone all in with it:

NQY8ABY.png

This might be the fastest they've ever rolled out a feature.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Oh, and I just found out Tumblr also implemented blue checkmarks, but in an even sillier way: You can buy as many as you want, and it'll add them all after your username.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
And the King Twit is now publicly railing against Apple... fairly obviously why too as he said earlier this morning that Apple is warning them about pulling them from the App Store. He says they didn't say why, but I bet they did and the people who read those messages are just no longer employed there and haven't been replaced.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
Let him. He may be the richest man in the world, but he doesn't have Apple's money. He's finally picking a fight with someone bigger.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
He WAS the richest man in the world. I'm pretty sure this whole twitter mess has knocked him down a place or two. It just takes awhile for the net-worth estimates to update. My bet is he tries to sell Twitter off to some venture capital firm, tech conglomerate or some Chinese holding company in a month or two, assuming the site doesn't have a major outage due to lack of engineers to keep it operational.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
So, bets on what kills twitter off: being banned in europe or apple pulling advertising?

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Still an off chance that a lack of proper tech staff results in the servers suffering a cataclysmic crash.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Yeah, I'm betting on technical issues to win, place, and show.
Musk and his team are keeping the wheels on for now, but at the cost of content moderation and ads. Eventually he will be forced to pull from one end to service another and bad things are going to happen.

Top Bottom