The Toxic Crusaders Getting A New Videogame

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
"Similar to" nothing! This honestly almost looks like DLC for Shredder's Revenge!

Looking up the company, they haven't done a lot of stuff. Retroware used to be Screenwave Media Games, which did the Angry Video Game Nerd videogames, Eagle Island Twist, and Love 3.

...I'm honestly not sure if I saw Toxic Crusaders back in the day. I know about the cartoon, but I'm not sure if I've ever seen a episode of it. This looks like fun, though. Definitely going to keep a eye on it.

spikeriley

Citizen
"Similar to" nothing! This honestly almost looks like DLC for Shredder's Revenge!

Looking up the company, they haven't done a lot of stuff. Retroware used to be Screenwave Media Games, which did the Angry Video Game Nerd videogames, Eagle Island Twist, and Love 3.

...I'm honestly not sure if I saw Toxic Crusaders back in the day. I know about the cartoon, but I'm not sure if I've ever seen a episode of it. This looks like fun, though. Definitely going to keep a eye on it.

You can find the show on YouTube. It was a short-lived series, only having 13 episodes, and is one of those cartoons based on an R-rated film (The Toxic Avenger).

Yeah, this does look like Shredder's Revenge DLC. That is, if this was made by the same company who did Shredder's Revenge. But it looks good, and who knows, this may be a good game unlike the ones for the NES and Genesis.

Blot

Citizen
Steam product page says that Team FourStar will provide the voice acting, and beyond the Toxic Crusaders themselves and Yvonne, Toxie's mom will also be a playable character.

Shadewing

Citizen
You can find the show on YouTube. It was a short-lived series, only having 13 episodes, and is one of those cartoons based on an R-rated film (The Toxic Avenger).

Toxic Avenger was one of those movies that got REALLY popular with kids. You can see this in how the sequels became more kid-freindly in their tone, being more like a live action cartoon. It was kinda silly and over the top, but also endearing, and its low budget works in its favor. Unlike some of the other cartoons based on R-Rated properties, Toxie could easily be adapted into a world of cartoonish violence and not feel too toned down.

spikeriley

Citizen
Steam product page says that Team FourStar will provide the voice acting, and beyond the Toxic Crusaders themselves and Yvonne, Toxie's mom will also be a playable character.
Yep. My guess is Rodger Bumpass will be too busy voicing Squiward to reprise his roles from the show (jn Toxic Crusaders, he voiced both Toxie and Dr. Killemoff). Plus, some recasts were going to happen since some of the original cast has passed away or have retired from voice acting (especially Major Disaster, who in the cartoon, was voiced by the late Ed Gilbert, a popular voice actor in many 80's cartoons, with his most notable voice role being Baloo in TaleSpin, while Transformers fans will know him as the voice of Blitzwing, Thrust, and Superion in the G1 cartoon).

Blot

Citizen
Well that and casting them probably would take the entire game's budget.

Top Bottom