The Toku Thread

wentwood

Citizen
I plan to start watching the Rider shows on Shout Factory VIA Amazon Prime as they have a download option.

Also watching the Ranger shows on Shout Factory DVD and You Tube.

Hopefully we get Magi next rather than Turbo (Series 13) in August.

Will re watch Deka on DVD in a few weeks having pre ordered the set.

wentwood

Citizen
I was watching Hurri on Shout Factory DVD and Samurai Green is now active.

During the perfume incident what the heck happened to Crimson Ranger?

Last edited:

wentwood

Citizen
Watching episodes up to Time Ranger on Shout Factory TV and Jet Man.

Hurri and Aba on Shout Factory DVD and then it'll be Deka on Shout Factory DVD.

Also the 1st Rider series and V3.

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
I've finished X, and now I'm just starting Amazon. After five Riders, it feels kinda wrong to realize that I hadn't yet reached the point where it gets weird. Because now it gets weird. All the stuff that came before? None of that was the weird part yet. This is the weird part.

Last edited:

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
But fear not because episode three, here comes the absolute man, Tachibana Tobei, to rope this insanity in. Dude's been the trainer for every main Rider from the beginning, he is the king of being utterly unshakeable in the face of total absurdity. He will put Japanese Tarzan on a motorcycle, because that's where a Rider belongs.

Now we're at the end of episode nine and someone finally gives this guy a shirt. It even matches the custom Pewdiepie loincloth he brought from the Amazon.

You know what X had been through nine episodes in? Not spoiling it but fate must really have had it in for him because out of six Riders he was definitely the most shat upon. At least for the first half of his run I'd say he averages a Shakespearean tragedy's worth of misfortune every two or three episodes.

Last edited:

wentwood

Citizen
I have Shout Factory active so will see up to V3. This will take me till November for both shows.

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
I mean, to properly convey this, I'm going to go ahead and describe what happens in the first two episodes of X. First episode, the woman he's engaged to betrays him and his father to the Evil Organization, they are both killed, his father's last act is to perform surgery on him turning him into a cyborg. But it turns out his father left him a motorcycle and a secret station at the bottom of the ocean with a copy of his father running it. Has a cool name, the Jin Station (because their family name is Jin) so he gets a cool fortress of solitude, right?

Second episode, a kid he had befriended turns on him because he stopped a knife with his hand, and only robots do that so he's a liar and should quit pretending to be human. So he goes to talk to computer dad for reassurance. Computer dad's response? "I see now this Jin Station was a mistake, you must stand on your own if you are to succeed." So robo-dad incinerates his own memory tapes and blows up the Jin Station. Second episode. Dude could not process a single second of his son's Rider angst before deciding that the whole eternal oblivion thing sounded like the better option after all. And this pretty much sets the tone for X's life going forward. I mean, I know lead Riders rarely have easy lives, but this? I'd say X takes the cake, but actually the cake is taken from him. He gets no cake.

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
I am now four episodes into Stronger, and finally, Tachibana Tobei gets his own theme song.

Also, if Tackle has 'T's on her chest, shouldn't she have 'A's on her butt?

wentwood

Citizen
I ordered Jet Man off E Bay today so now there's a wait for them to drop either Turbo (Series 13) or Magi on us in July or August if the wait is 4 months from Deka. May not buy anything unless they bring a Ranger set over.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Hopefully they can do a license rescue of Garo at some point. I missed the first BD but got the rest of what was put out, and the first one is impossible to find. They also only did up through Season 2, so there's still a bunch left unreleased.

wentwood

Citizen
Finishing Aba up while Deka ships. As Shout Factory is active I may soon resume my Rider run. I may need a new link for Amazon episodes.

Watching up to Time Ranger on the feed first. I saw up to Mega Ranger on DVD. Also watching the 2 Pre Zyu sets on DVD at the moment.

I'd love to see Shout bring over the 1st 13 Ranger shows.

Any chance of that or is Magi next in August if 4 months?

wentwood

Citizen
Thanks to You Tube I'm watching the Ranger Team Up Movies having watched Zyu - Kyo Ryu. Also finishing the remaining main line episodes for each.

I need to catch up the team ups Kyu forward however.

Also started Deka on DVD and am finishing Aba.

wentwood

Citizen
With Jet Man and Deka now in I've switched over from Power Rangers having caught up to Dino Fury. After Part 2 there will be better than half a year for Cosmic Fury.

The Power Rangers episodes have run out for me.

Shout Factory may yet continue to bring them over resuming with Magi. This likely after I finish 5 Man , Jet Man , Aba and Deka with each taking over 2 months to watch.

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
Watching ep33 of Stronger, just near the end General Shadow is doing a card reading, he flops down the ace of spades and it says NINTENDO at the top. I wonder how much a mid-70s Nintendo printed playing card deck goes for these days.

And now frickin Riderman shows up? How does that even work?

Last edited:

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
The theatrical poster for Shin Kamen Rider was revealed yesterday:

shinkamenriderposter.jpg

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
I have started Skyrider. This is so 1979. There is no other year what I am watching could possibly have been made in. My wife asked me why he needs a motorcycle if he can fly. Turns out the answer is, so he can Kool-Aid Man his way through walls.

Also, those belt things he uses to fly are totally a ripoff of the Secret Squadron Goranger belt rockets.

One downside of the soft rebooting, no more Tachibana Tobei. Farewell Motorcycle Dad.

Episode six: "Once you've been exposed to my spores, you'll hallucinate and then you'll take your own life." Holy jive, that's the plot to The Happening. Is M. Night Shamwow a Kamen Rider fan?

Last edited:

wentwood

Citizen
Jet Man came in. Re watching Deka on Shout Factory DVD.

Almost done with Time Ranger. Watching this one on Shout Factory TV for the final episodes. 41 will be on DVD.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Let's see if this works...

Welp, link didn't work so threw it up on youtube. Now I want to see someone do this with a console and a Gamer Driver.

Last edited:

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
And now I'm on episode 39 of Skyrider, where the Evil Plot is for an Urchin Oni to use an ancient Polynesian jewel on women so that they turn into oni... when you whip them and beat them. Sometimes I wish I drank.

And then later a kappa attacks the comic relief metal gorilla hero with his Kappa Fart. Okay episode, I'm back on board for now, but I've got my eye on you.

On the subject of the armored funny guy, it took me a while to get used to GanGanG, but now I think he's a fine addition to the Rider support pantheon.

The stretch of episodes in the mid-40's is great. It's all ghosts and curses and spooky atmosphere. I hope it carries through to the finale, this is brilliant stuff.

Last edited:

Top Bottom