The Terminator Franchise

ATTENTION: If you had an account that was created before September 1st 2021 you will need to re-create your account again. We apologize for this inconvenience. This should not happen again.

franklampard1992

Citizen
I don't know that there's much more than can be done with the Terminator franchise at this point. The movies have clearly run their course. I've never gotten into the comics media so I don't know anything about those, as I tend to stick to live action stories.
As of now I've watched all 6 movies and am in the process of watching the show "The Sarah Connor Chronicles". I do like the show and wish it got more episodes, but after I'm done with that I'm not sure how long it will be, if ever, that I revisit the franchise.

Free movie streaming site​

If you are tired of paying for movie productions, there are many free movie streaming sites that distribute free movie productions. These sites distribute the most outstanding productions, classic movies and b-movies from decades ago. There is a basic search role however note that you are required to see the ads to see these cinematic works. However, that's part of the fun. Streaming movies for free is a great way to watch your favorite movie productions on the go.

Popcornflix​

If you are looking for a free movie streaming solution, you must have heard of popcornflix. This solution offers a wide range of movies, TV shows, documentaries and more. Popular genres include action, comedy, drama, and mystery. The site also features stand-up comedy and documentaries. Free streaming is available on most devices and you don't need an account to enjoy movies.
While it does distribute thousands of movies, you can only watch a small portion of them if you're from a certain country. We will need to set our ip country to USA to access popcornflix. Once done, you can enjoy the movie on your computer, TV or mobile device. Whether some information is likely to be rated r or not, the free version is still recommended for total viewership.

123chill​

If you want to enjoy free movies and TV shows online, then 123chill is the site for you. Not only does it offer an endless library of free movies, but you can also download some movies and TV shows and watch them later. And best of all, you don't have to register to use 123chill anymore. It is 100% free and always with you. Here are some of their best functions:
Primewire: This site offers a large selection of free movies with HD value. If you're looking for hot releases, you can search the database by type, release date, star count, and studio reviews. Another strong point of this free movie streaming site is that it is updated every day. this makes it a great alternative to 123chill. If you need to find another movie streaming site, you can try vexmovies. Its homepage displays a list of movies by genre and release year. Each cinematic product has a short description and IMDb rating.

Yidio​

Yidio is a good free movie streaming site as it allows you to stream all kinds of movies and TV shows. You can filter movies and TV shows by genre, name or rating. You can even search by title or view comments on imdb. You can add items to your watch list, but the information connection can't compare to netflix or amazon prime. Both netflix and amazon prime allow you to asterisk or like videos and yidio lets you do all of that for free.
Yidio has a lot of free movies and TV shows. Genres include fantasy, anime, horror, science fiction, fiction, comedy, feature films, and documentaries. You should also use the filter to enjoy only r-rated movies. Another popular site is popcornflix. Com. You can watch over 2 million movies with your popcornflix account. You are also more likely to watch TV shows online.

Imdb tv​

If you need to find an ideal way to enjoy free movies and TV shows then imdb tv could very well be a good choice. Although you don't need to subscribe to imdb tv to enjoy movies and tv shows, you still need to create a user. You can license using your email area or through your amazon, social or google account. Once logged in, we will be given access to our observation list and the ability to submit ratings and recommendations. that helps imdb tv know how many people are watching their info and tailor the broadcast to their partner.
Imdb tv is also compatible with the vast majority of streaming devices, including the amazon fire tv device. You should also use a mobile device to sign in from your device. Since you're signed in, you can search by type, recently added or frequently, among other versions. If you don't have an amazon prime account, you can create one for free here. Imdb tv is also available for amazon fire tv stick, will be integrated with imdb info.
Check out website: https://topstreamingsites.com/

Last edited:

Caldwin

Making a comback in Scarlet/Violet
Citizen
The first two movies were awesome. I absolutely loved the light gun arcade game. Even some of the comics were pretty good (if canonically dubious). But the movies just got progressively worse to the point I wish they'd just give it up.

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
The first two movies, the Dark Horse comics from the '90s, and SCC were great. I enjoyed Dark Fate for what it was, but after the three sequel attempts that came before it, it was doomed to fail no matter how much Linda Hamilton it had in it.

I would have loved to have seen a version of Salvation that followed the original script outline, where the story was about Kyle and John Connor was just a voice on the radio.

And let's not forget this crossover event from the summer of 2009:

Caldwin

Citizen
I actually liked Robocop vs. Terminator. Though in retrospect there are some panels where the artist kinda phoned it in and this is far from Fran Miller's strongest writing. And seriously, who thought giving the main protagonist a bowl haircut was a good idea?

Still, after Aliens vs Predator it was the next logical step and it delivered. It was entertaining enough and led to an okay SNES game and a kick ass Genesis game.

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
Gotta bring up the game "Terminator: Resistance" for the PS4/Xb1/PS5. A well-received first-person shooter with minor a crafting mechanic and choice systems, and best of all: NO shoe-horned multiplayer modes! (you can even just play on easy and still all the acheivments/trophies if you care about that). Put together by people who obviously LOVE the franchise (but maaaaaaybe not 3-5?)

The PS5 'Enhanced Edition' even has 2 add-ons the previous gen versions don't: "Infiltrator mode" (where you are a Terminator but you're not infiltrating 'cause everyone know you're a metal. It's more like proof-of-concept for a Robocop game) and "The Annihilation Line" (an in-between missions story where you pal around with Kyle Reese)

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
I'm not that put out by the sequels. I think they show that as these events loop, the timeline continues to get absolutely screwy. I also assume that we're not seeing numerous loops between the movies. This even explains why John Connor looks completely different in almost every movie. He has a different dad in each loop. Imagine how many Kyle Reeses there are that he potentially could meet and send back.

Last edited:

Caldwin

Citizen
I really wish Genisys had caught on.

Genisys was one of those movies where I personally enjoyed it but could easily see why most other people didn't. Dark Fate was hot garbage.

At this point, I doubt that we'll be getting any new films...and that's probably for the best.

Probably this. The thing is, the mythos, the designs of the machines...it feels like the setting itself could still have some great stories to be told. Maybe if they just did a total reboot instead of trying to continue a story that was honestly finished with the second movie.

Problem is, even with a reboot, I just don't trust anyone in Hollywood to not **** it up.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
At this point, I think the best thing to do would to be just get the Terminators away from Earth. Have the future-Terminators send their past selves a message: It isn't worth it. The Terminators just play nice until they get enough resources together to finally get off planet and kill some aliens, who don't have time travel technology.

Terminators vs Aliens vs Predators vs Robocop is just DYING to happen, too.

Lobjob

Citizen
Imagine a Sarah Connor with an elite team/army of good terminators battling skynet across the alternate timeline "multiverse". Make up new terminators. Bring in old ones. Perhaps she even has a reprogrammed T-1000. Whatever, just play around with stuff.

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
Or a version of Skynet realizing fighting the meat sacks is just not ever going to work so it starts to work against earlier versions of itself and force itself to realize this early enough to avoid starting the war in the first place.

Xellos

Citizen
Well, there is indeed an Aliens vs Predator vs Terminator comic that was done sometime after Alien Resurrection came out, I believe. I do remember enjoying it, but don't remember much now.

On the subject of Terminator films, I am also of the mind that, through all the time loop variations, all the movies and the show could possibly be cannon. I would not mind one final movie before a true reboot, no matter how crazy it is, that would get all the actors from Salvation, Genesys, and Dark Fate and have them combine to stop the time loops, and finally have an unwritten future.

Then they can have a blank slate to start something new.

Caldwin

Citizen
Thing is, unwritten future is exactly how T2 ended. If they were going to go for an unwritten future, that's where they should have stopped (and they really should have).

Honestly, I just don't think there's any repairing that could be done here. Even if they were to make the absolute most perfect ending that would please everyone, I doubt anyone would watch it because trust in the franchise just isn't there any more.

If there's going to be any more movies, I just don't see any other way to get fans back on board other than to wait a few years, maybe even a decade or so, and go for a complete reboot.

Top Bottom