The Terminator Franchise

ATTENTION: If you had an account that was created before September 1st 2021 you will need to re-create your account again. We apologize for this inconvenience. This should not happen again.

Kalidor

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Well - I just wrapped up The Sarah Connor Chronicles. It was mostly a good show despite a few "filler" episodes. It's rare that I wish a show only had half as many episodes as the full seasons used to, but it could have been a much stronger plot if had it been condensed into 12 rather than the 22 the second season got. At some points it was clear that what they wanted to do with the "good guy" Skynet offshoot was the driving plot but it got lost in too many episodes about weird dreams and that whole Riley arc probably could have been much more refined.

Alpha Omicron

Citizen
Well - I just wrapped up The Sarah Connor Chronicles. It was mostly a good show despite a few "filler" episodes. It's rare that I wish a show only had half as many episodes as the full seasons used to, but it could have been a much stronger plot if had it been condensed into 12 rather than the 22 the second season got. At some points it was clear that what they wanted to do with the "good guy" Skynet offshoot was the driving plot but it got lost in too many episodes about weird dreams and that whole Riley arc probably could have been much more refined.
IMO the only thing wrong with The Sarah Connor Chronicles is the fact it got cancelled after only 2 seasons. Yet, lame shows like Survivor stay on the air for 1000 seasons. SMH!

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Citizen
Outside of the first two, Genisys is my favorite.

And one of the earliest articles I wrote on PoisonMushroom.Org was about how Hollywood needs to do RoboCop vs Terminator already.

Of course, that was when Alien vs Predator and Freddy vs Jason were still pretty fresh...

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I seen the five of the six films and honestly, I believe where they went wrong was when they tried to reboot with Gynesis, they should of contuined with the post judgement day setting and leave the time travel side of things in the past until they are ready to have Kyle go back in time and save John's mother from the T800

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I guess it's hard to tell the post Judgment Day story because we already know how it ends, while the rest of the series can keep flip flopping on whether we can fight fate or not.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
T1 and T2 are epic films, and some of my favorite scifi films ever. T3 was fun at the time, and I appreciate the ending that they went for. Salvation had some great parts in it, and I like the idea of the hybrid, and the CGI Arnold at the end was amazing. I really enjoyed the Genesis film. I think that its underrated, and I enjoy the plot of it. The most recent film was good, but I wasn't hooked on it. I did like how it picked up from T2, and Carl was great in it. The tv series was good. I just wished that we could have got more of the future war.

Maruten

Citizen
Given how "divisive" the newer movies are, it's a perfect franchise for Making Better Stories Yourself so it's cool that there's an RPG (tabletop) coming. They ran a very successful Kickstarter a while back which is still taking late pledges, and there are quickstart rules available now.

Top Bottom