The Super Mario Bros. Movie

Shadewing

Citizen
Movie 2 should bring in Wario and Waluigi. New found heroes vs dopellgangers is a classic plot device and one that's kinda been used in Mario, just not with the Wahs.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Apparently, Jack Black wants the next Mario movie to be a full muscial.

I say go for it! Other than introducing the Koopalings, I'm not sure what else I'd want from a sequel.
Nah, absolutely not.

If it's a full musical, base it on Super Mario Bros. 2. I feel like that would work better.

Well, unless they REALLY take the "it's a play" element of SMB3's presentation to heart. Then that could work.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
They had that whole fake end credits musical sequence of "Everything's Not Awesome" (minus an actual credits scroll, of course). Several members of the audience actually walked out of the room during that song thinking the movie was over, when I saw it in theaters.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Now y'all made me go look up the Queen's "Not Evil" song and hot damn did I forget what a storyboarding nightmare it must have been to animate her!

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
They had that whole fake end credits musical sequence of "Everything's Not Awesome" (minus an actual credits scroll, of course). Several members of the audience actually walked out of the room during that song thinking the movie was over, when I saw it in theaters.

In todays age where the vast majority of movies are doing mid/post-credit stingers, if people are walking out when the credits start they only have themselves to blame.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
It's an american movie! Unless it's prefaced with "to be continued" it always ends on an high note. Anyone dumb enough to walk away during a song literally called "everythings not awesome" (when it's a not a czech republic art house film.) deserves to miss the real ending.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
In todays age where the vast majority of movies are doing mid/post-credit stingers, if people are walking out when the credits start they only have themselves to blame.
To this day, I still see people get up from their seats to begin leaving when the credits start rolling for MCU movies. They only pause their exit if the (first) credits scene plays soon enough to catch those people's attention, but once that scene ends they don't wait for any more. I stick around to the end, but by then, it's only me and, like, two or three other small groups left in the audience. The majority of people still leave and miss those credits scenes.

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
To this day, I still see people get up from their seats to begin leaving when the credits start rolling for MCU movies. They only pause their exit if the (first) credits scene plays soon enough to catch those people's attention, but once that scene ends they don't wait for any more. I stick around to the end, but by then, it's only me and, like, two or three other small groups left in the audience. The majority of people still leave and miss those credits scenes.

On the flip side - the end-credit scenes seem to show up on YouTube on a regular basis.

I still think the one at the end of Spider-Man: Homecoming was absolutely worth the wait, though.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Knowing that there are people either not aware of the post-credits scenes or not bothering to watch them does make it feel a little more special. More like an actual hidden thing that only the superfans are privy to.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I've been doing it since I was a kid. They're just more common now.

Earliest I remember seeing was -- ironically -- Super Mario Bros. Street Fighter had one, too.

now, the earliest movie I saw that I'm aware of having one offhand was Masters of the Universe, but I didn't find that out until it was on tv or something years later, because my parents weren't sticking around.

Top Bottom