The steam summer sale is ON!

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
There's some really good stuff on mine, but I really need to poke the backlog when I've played almost nothing but SRW for seven months.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I kind of miss when the big semiannual sales offered actual crazy deals on things worth getting, but I also remember buying a lot of games I ended up not liking or never getting around to playing just because TotalBiscuit made them sound fun, or because they had a native Linux port, or whatever.

Also I'm the kind of person who religiously checks in on the store every Tuesday and Thursday and wishlists everything I think I have a remote chance of wanting, so I get to see things go on sale pretty regularly.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and opinions silverclaw.

Alright, so a brief timeline to my summer sale experience so far: I got bigfoot, a 5 year old game cause my nephew wanted to play it. Well, he wants to play the forest: but I can't stand that game anymore, so this was the compromise. I have no problems with asymetrical multiplay and even enjoy it despite preferring large scale cooperative play, but given how laggy and stuttery it is on my nephews computer, I doubt I'll be playing it again.

Then "slime rancher", a game that has been on and off my wishlist for a while came up in my discovery queue, and it was 5 bucks so I went for it. I swear to god: the videos ******* lie. I know the promo materials are meant to entice, but in this case they flat out lie. Slime Ranchers looks and feels like a ******* roblox game. I played literally 18 minutes and did something I have never done before: I refunded the game.

Then I discovered I was getting some cash that wasn't actually budgeted... so I sprang for grounded. Cause, as some of you might be aware, I have a type. And I am enjoying it so far.

And that's it. Nothing else on my wishlist has hit that "ohhhh, NOW I'm willing" threshold for prices, so once again the wait begins.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
If you play it on PC, you can tell it fairly obviously optimized for use with a controller. Gonna do a thread about in a day or so.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
First Steam Sale in several years I legitimately partook in.
Since my old girl is circa 2015, I didn't exactly go nuts with modern titles.

Picked up Slay the Spire (Ridiculously fun), then decided to go a bit ham:
Resident Evils 0, 1, 4, 5, 6, and 7.

Last Resident Evil game I played was Code: Veronica X on the PS2. So this'll be an experience. Started with 0, and I have to say despite not having played it before...I got nostalgia. The needlessly complex control scheme, the stilted dialogue, the dream world logic puzzles...

Never thought I'd wax nostalgic for an era of game design that is now four generations behind us, but there's honestly some real charm in the presentation. The bad dialogue and middling to passing VAing also helps with the idea this is all just some real bargain shelf Horror story which again, kind of works in its favor a bit.

Top Bottom