The Repaint Concept Thread

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
The second one is Energon Landmine.
And it works ASTONISHINGLY well! But if willing to put some resources in…a new head, change the gun emplacement into a crane hook, maybe replicate the front guard with a pair for the sides (which could then be utilized for his brute mode fists), and it’s REALLY not far off.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Seriously, it's an autobot insignia wrapped around his face with movieverse greebles added in the mouth. The proportions are distorted because it's curved into a three dimensional object, rather than a flat plane.

I see it. I think it's the visor instead of separate eyes that throws it off.

Shadewing

Citizen
Seriously, it's an autobot insignia wrapped around his face with movieverse greebles added in the mouth. The proportions are distorted because it's curved into a three dimensional object, rather than a flat plane.

I still don't really see it.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I still don't really see it.
I have the toy, and I agree that it is based on the Autobot symbol. It's just that the details are very faintly sculpted into the headsculpt that it becomes really hard to see said details in Internet photos. It's really only noticeable up close and in hand.

Last edited:

Magnusblitz

Citizen
Yeah, after a really close look, I see it. The top half, at least - I agree that the visor kinda throws off the eyes and everything under it. But everything above the visor line is definitely Autobot symbol.

Attachments

• swerve.png
    swerve.png
    175.6 KB · Views: 85

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Yeah. This looks like how he should have looked after Megatron blasted him. Scrapped together from the leftover parts.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

I'd love to see if this mold could pull off an Energon Rodimus look, perhaps with some boosters/a spoiler to replace the crane/hook. It's even got a goatee, which might be cool for a grizzled older Rodimus (we usually just see the SG one's van Dyke).

Top Bottom