The Repaint Concept Thread

Shadewing

Citizen
Yeah, a custom head would likely fix that. This seemed to just be a straight repaint, which still works fairly well.

Octavius Prime

UT Enthusiast
Citizen
3cqjLt8.png

This is too good

Rycochet

Citizen
Speaking as someone who owns three versions of the original Armada toy (don't judge me), the issue with Sideswipe is he was so badly proportioned thanks to gimmicks being the driving force behind that toyline, that there'll never be a mold that comes close to being a fit for that robot mode unless something goes terribly wrong in the design process. Even if they make an original mold for him at some point, they'll bulk out the yellow sticks that constitute most of his lmbs so he's more in line with the current aesthetic so he barely resembles that.

I went with knockout because I keep mine (Sideswipe, Oilslick and Treadshot) in their vehicle modes as the robot form just makes me sad.

Shadewing

Citizen
As I said in the legacy thread, to me the be chonky boxing glove-esque hands are his signature look. It'd be like making RiD X-Brawn outta Ironhide, he'd be missing his big strong arm. I think its possible to make an updated version of him but keep some of his bulk in his limbs, he doesn't need to be a sitck figure otherwise, but giving him big gauntlets and boots would give that feel.

What you did, which despite my intial comment is good, is basically SG Treadshot rather then Armada Sideswipe.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Do we know if the Energon weapons in Legacy are gang-molded with specific figures or not?

I was wondering if the giant fists that come with Blitzwing could be repurposed to an Armada Sideswipe to reimagine his giant punchy fists?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm stumped. I can't figure out who that is. But it has a strong Unicron Trilogy vibe and I like it.

Top Bottom