The Repaint Concept Thread

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Later. We got a new Studio Series reveal and you know what that means.

Studio Series 14 Galvatron.png

That horrible 2014 grey plastic is beyond my ability to replicate. It's a lot easier to take something dull and make it shiny than it is to take something shiny and make it dull.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
There are a lot of names they could have reused that I don't think anyone would have been particularly upset about. The first idea that came to mind was Scorchfire, but thinking it over I think my favorite name reuse option would be to call him Overload and have him be a G1 counterpart to the Armada guy.
While I like the idea, there already is a G1 Overload.

Siege Overload.jpg

CW Overload.jpg

These are lazy, but a lot of remolding would be required anyway. Removing the chest armor would be a start. I only bothered with Combiner Wars because the incomplete forearm armor actually works better for Overload than it did for Ultra Magnus.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, that's part of the fun.

One fun possibility with the Siege mold (or something similar in the future) is since it already partially disassembles into armor pieces, maybe a new Armada Prime could be designed to be compatible with them.

Shadewing

Citizen
While not Armada, we do have Galaxy Prime, and they are at least the same character.

But regular Armada Overlord isn't gonna look great as armor for prime. But maybe Costco Yellow might.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
While not Armada, we do have Galaxy Prime, and they are at least the same character.

But regular Armada Overlord isn't gonna look great as armor for prime. But maybe Costco Yellow might.

I'm not so sure about that. On a lot of Primes, yes, Overload might not look great as armor. But Armada Prime's arms and torso aren't a sea of red. Adding some red Overload parts might not look bad at all.

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
I thought Shadewing meant specifically Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime, the one that's based on Cybertron OP who's the same guy as Armada OP.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Put him in a 2-pack with a Dirge-colored Siege Seeker, then we'll talk.

I wasn't planning on it, because I didn't even recognize that I was recreating Universe Roadbuster until I was a good way into it. Which is embarrassing. I own Universe Roadbuster. In my defense, I bought a loose one that had the third party kit installed, so mine doesn't have a Springer head.

But since you asked nicely

oZkphmZ.png

Top Bottom