The Repaint Concept Thread

Rycochet

Citizen
PGHYlA1.png

Anyone else get an Alternity vibe from ROTB mirage?

fDh0hMv.png

And while we're doing Dai Atlaii...

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Just looking at those twitter postings of what was or could of been, kind of makes me long for Hasbro to make updated verisons of the Cybertron Defence force bots, mainly Hot Shot, his armoured vehicle form would make for a GREAT voyager figure if they stay true to the desgin, while Red alert's upgrade would make for a intersting leader class figure

Darth_Prime

Citizen
So I saw a post on TFW about a 3P Buster figure. I wonder why the Dreadwing / Dreadwind figures were never repainted as Hydra / Buster.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
So I saw a post on TFW about a 3P Buster figure. I wonder why the Dreadwing / Dreadwind figures were never repainted as Hydra / Buster.
Likely had to do with the brand unification that started with Power of the Primes, and the fact that Takara primarily focused on full combiner teams whenever they did their own non-Hasbro releases of CW/UW/POTP molds. Hydra and Buster are only two, and all the good options of making a full combiner with them were already released individually in their POTP line that shared all of its releases with Hasbro.

The fact that they later did full combiner team rereleases of the Dinobots and Terrorcons with new decos and accessories was very unexpected. But, unlike Hydra and Buster, doing those two groups a second time was likely more doable since they were both full combiner teams, which gave them a greater potential to sell better.

And yet, despite all of what I just wrote, I'd still pick up a new Hydra and Buster if Takara ever found a way to release them.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I was still hoping for a Computron repaint when they started doing those. Combine the best of the Takara with the Hasbro version all with better paint.

Ah well, back to what this thread is really about. lol. I love that King Atlas a few posts up. I am really hoping that and a MW Starscream all come to see the light of day.

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
Am I right in thinking the basis of your joke is the Kup redeco existing in addition to a nearly identical Brakedown GTS? I think Sabrblade is assuming it would have existed instead.

Top Bottom