The Repaint Concept Thread

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Been wanting to make this for a while now. I should check if I have enough Mica Blue left though.

Still, gonna need a Reprolabels set to complete that look. The BH Smokescreen is a nice close-enough alternative, but per usual it's bundled with nonsense I don't want.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Alternators Decepticharge.png

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Has anyone done Rescue Bot Chase as Throttlebot Chase? Or vice-versa?

Was just thinking about it earlier when I realized their transformations are basically the same.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Alternators seem like such no brainers that I’m shocked we haven’t gotten 1 or 2 in selects.
I'm hoping that with the UT-era nostalgia they're starting to tap into for Legacy on, some other 2000s-era stuff like Alternators, Universe, Robotmasters, and such get some love. There are a lot of possibilities.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Would Smokescreen's car deco at least need to be licensed? Since it was based on that of a real-life car.

Well, a 1:1 deco recreation would probably have to be licensed, but I would bet they could find a way to evoke the spirit of the deco without being exactly the same. Something like the Prime Cyberverse Smokescreen that came with the Sky Claw vehicle.

Rycochet

Citizen
If they can fudge an endless stream of recognisable g1 Jazz decos without getting sued by Porsche, they'd find a way with Smokescreen if they remembered things outside the cartoons exist.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Could've happened I suppose. People were customizing anyone and everyone out of Alternators at the time. Even the G1 Predacons and such.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Could've happened I suppose. People were customizing anyone and everyone out of Alternators at the time. Even the G1 Predacons and such.

They were easy and fun to customize. They broke down easily into manageable chunks. All the parts were large enough that you didn't feel like you needed tweezers and a magnifying glass to see what you were doing. They were all exactly 1:24 scale, so you could find correctly scaled new parts out of model kits. I did a few customs, and still have several unopened "spare" alternators in my basement that I had plans on doing as well but never go around to.

Top Bottom