The Random Image Thread

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
342176115_735261591612496_5578132882540890113_n.png

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
So this happened last night.
IMG_20230603_073419_557.jpg

Thankfully, THAT is a telecommunication wire and not electrical power. So I popped out there at a little past 8 am with the chainsaw, took 40 minutes to make 4 cuts though: because we apparently do not have a single head, grounded extension wire longer than 10 feet. Most of that time was marching back and forth trying to get power to our little electric chainsaw. Did it though.

So now I have a bifurcated tree laying in my yard, and yet another job to add to the chore list.

At least I get to play with the chainsaw. :)

Dake

Citizen
Is that not the job of the telecom company to deal with? I mean, glad you got it done safely, but even without the risk of electrocution you may have placed more liability on yourself than necessary.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
It was more than likely the job of the telecom. They would have checked to see if the service was still active (it was, the wire was holding the weight well.) and then prioritized it low and told us not to touch it out of fear of liability. It would then have taken a week or more for them to send someone to clean it up because montreal is STILL cleaning up from the ice storm six weeks ago and those tools, workers and services are in high demand right now.

As it stands, it's not only down and away from the wire: it's been butchered and stacked.

I've got enough pictures of it though, I could probably send bills to both videotron (whom is responsible for the wire.) and our neighbour (whom was responsible for the tree.) and get away with it.

It's not all bad though. It's a nice day out, and I got to play with the chainsaw twice. :D

wonko the sane?

Citizen
3 points for me. No myspace, no aol, and missed having to pay for stuff with a paper check by probably less than a year. I had a checkbook, I mostly used it to give employers the sample check for direct deposits back in the day.

Dake

Citizen
1 point - never had an AOL address, though I still have a Juno address so I think that's worth -20.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Don't think I've listened to a vinyl record. I think. No mySpace account, and I don't think I had an AOL email, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I think I'm at two points, AOL and MySpace.

...unless they made you create an email when you used one of those demo discs. Then I might have had one, and completely forgot about it.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Email was included with the service, IIRC. If you created a trial account, you had an AOL email address.

Top Bottom