more

327372044_723118829367461_4464253639747948922_n.jpg

327727682_2052748128264915_3455321983700535125_n.jpg

327605986_889690375565787_2790247498226486388_n.jpg

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
View attachment 11660
Not quite sure how I feel about this
"Corellian Engineering's attempt at winning bids away from rival Kuat Drive Yards' subsidiary Rothana Heavy Engineering initially looked promising, using prefabricated YT-series components to a new purpose of an all-terrain ground assault vehicle. However, the AG-2G quad laser cannons (which served well as anti-starfighter point defense weapons on Rendili StarDrive's Dreadnaught-class heavy cruiser) proved tremendously overpowered for the gyroscopic balance, and the Republic Army procurement committee went with RHE's more modestly armed AT-XT (which led to the Imperial Army's ubiquitous All Terrain Scout Transport)."

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Trade secret from someone that worked at a Kroger in high school:

A lot of customers assume that the back room is kind of like a less-customer-friendly version of the front of the store. Like, there are some sort of shelves with dedicated spaces for specific products. That is absolutely not the case. The back room is basically a small warehouse with lots of shrink-wrapped pallets full of random assortments of foods. Like, the full load is whatever the store manager ordered, but the shipper didn't put any thought or effort into grouping like-items or anything. It's just arranged by what made a reasonably full and stable pallet. It's less like a store and more like the warehouse from the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I learned quickly that, instead of explaining this to customers when they asked if we had something in the back, it was much easier to just tell them "I'll go look." Then I would walk to the breakroom that was also in the back, chat with whoever was in there for a second, then come back out and tell the customer that we didn't have it.

It's not that I wasn't willing to go to the back and get something for them, it's just that it wasn't really possible to do so.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
The problem isn't the warehouse or storage: the problem is a generation of people who've never been told NO and have never had to deal with significant shortages before.

They're the kind of people who would have been told "well, if you don't like it, grab a rifle and go have a word with jerry" during world war 2.

Top Bottom