The Pet thread

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Yeah, at that age I don't know what else the vet would tey. Maybe try a different kind of senior food with less ingredients so it's easier to digest? If he's not even cleaning himself, that's not good. Never an easy choice.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Thanks! I might go and see if I can find some different food for him. If we can get him eating properly again maybe he can last a while longer. He still is in great spirits though.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Just remembered, my father in law has a senior cat who's going downhill and wasn't eating, but currently he's able to eat canned tuna in water, at least.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
We tried the can tuna in water and he just sort of licked the water and ignored the tuna. :(

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So I am sad to have to report that my cat, Predaking, passed away Friday night after reaching 15 and half years old. He was a great pet and was with me for some rough times, and I am still getting used to him not being around.

My wife picked a lovely box for him, and I found him a nice sunny spot near his favorite bushes to bury him. My girls were so sad, but they picked a bunch of flowers to bury with him.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Here are some pics of him

0A7A0013-8480-4EB8-A5F2-45316A1A3625.png

That’s from 2007 when I first got him!

17326A06-F374-4B1C-B492-ED93ECE94084.jpeg

That’s him the last time we took him to the vet.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Thanks. I was hoping he would live a few more years but the last four months he went from perfectly fine to just going downhill so fast.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
You gotta realize, the poor thing was about 105 years old in human terms. It takes very little to upset you at that point.

You have my condolences, my friend.

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
S1100001.JPG
S1090001.JPG

May as well post about the new kitty. This is Shade.

We got her because she belonged to my brother but he got evicted. (Long story I don't want to go into) This was one of the two cats he had. Couldn't take both, but we opted to take Shade here.

She's very sweet, very talkative. Loves laser pointers, and blows my mind that she'll eat her dry food no problem. But ignores all wet food and even tuna. I've NEVER met a cat that doesn't go for tuna before.

I know from my brothers she was a rescue. The sad thing is whoever had her before her rescue (IE Not my brother) had her declawed the poor thing.

Right now we are doing the ever EVER so slow task of trying to get our old cat Rally to accept the new cat.

Stupidly I didn't read up on anything before bringing her in (It was also very sudden given the whole eviction thing) so we didn't really do what most people suggest and try to ease them into each other's smells before they see each other. They are VERY much aware the other exists. Thankfully my room is the basement, so we've blocked off the top of the stairs with a pet gate she can't jump over, and let her walk up there and allow Rally to HOPEFULLY slowly get used to her.

Shade has been in multi cat homes before so she has no issues with Rally at all. RALLY on the other hand will hiss and run away. Though she seems to be getting better? She can be found looking down the stairs for Shade on multiple occasions, and we got some treats to calm her down when Shade is near. Even got Rally to play with a laser pointer with Shade near by on the other side of the gate, so fingers crossed.

LiamA

Citizen
For the past two days I have seen this stray cat in my neighborhood. It is a black and white cat and the black on it's head makes it look like it's wearing a mask. The cat is very friendly it will let me pet it but it has no collar.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Shade is so pretty!
It's been a few years since we got our two new cats, they sometimes troll each other but sadly aren't buddies. They also prefer eating dry food over wet.

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
Shade is so pretty!
It's been a few years since we got our two new cats, they sometimes troll each other but sadly aren't buddies. They also prefer eating dry food over wet.
I'm hoping Rally stops being a brat and hissing at Shade because as it stands we're a bit afraid to just let Shade roam the house.

Part of the stupid stuff we did at first: Well Shade is actually very timid and hid under this chair I have (think of it like a one seat couch) and so we had my room closed for days as she got used to the place. Then when we figured she was settled in enough, we opened my door and let her wander out. We honestly never thought it'd be Rally to hiss at Shade.

Well despite the fact it's a big house, Shade is a very friendly cat once she's gotten used to everything and tried to be friendly/say hi to Rally. By chasing her into my roommates room and trapping her in a corner.

I had gone to use the restroom and came out to hear Rally growling and hissing over and over. So I ended up chasing Shade out. Then Rally came out. Shaken and foam all over her mouth. She got so stressed from the encounter that she was in that bad shape.

We then went and bought the gate and it's been like that ever since.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Aww, poor Rally. I hope they can at least tolerate each other. One of my cats has high anxiety, we feed one calming treat a day (not the super strong ones for travel), and a pheromone diffuser in a common area.

Top Bottom