The Pet thread

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
that is so cute!!! And nice blending of the hat. The fur to brim interface is great and they both have a similar light source. Wait, is that real? If so, kudos on getting him to wear the hat.
It was just done on my phone.

Last edited:

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I can't help but smile when I look at photos of your pets. they are so cute!
I sometimes think that our pets are smarter than us.
Cats generally have the creature on the top of the food chain scooping out litter boxes. There is no question they are smarter than we are.

3210Self-Destruct

Chushka chuteshka.
Citizen
6C51167F-937F-469F-8E4C-0143C317778E.jpeg
11A073A4-0764-448B-B5BE-B8475CC47A36.jpeg
ADCB00B5-DF87-44B9-BAC8-1743E82DC8D2.jpeg

Our dogs, equal parts dorky and dignified.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
OMG, this is amazing thread. It makes me smile. I adore pets.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Giant, hollow, rubber chew toy with a rope on it. If you fill it with peanut butter it keeps 'em occupied for hours.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
I did not know that. Neat.

I did know that my newfy was mad for her kong, she literally ate her way through three of them, and we never needed to put peanut butter in them.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So my 15 year old cat seems to be going downhill lately.

He has lost a good bit of weight in the past two years, as he used to be chunky. However, we got a new kitten a year or so ago, and he was always playing with her, so I thought he was just getting back into shape. Over the last four months or so, he has been puking and poopping all over the house. It got to the point where we bought a handheld carpet cleaner and would just hit the 3 to 5 spots every morning with it.

We took him to the vet and they recommended a senior diet for him. So I went to Pet smart and got some senior can food and dry food for him. We also moved him out into the climate controlled garage to both isolate him from eating the non-senior diet cat food and from making messes everywhere.

He has been in the garage for about a month now, and he is still happy and sociable, but he isn't eating his dry food, and his can food makes his stomach upset. So he has lost even more weight and he has stopped cleaning himself. This past weekend I went and got some cat shampoo and cat bathing glove and gave him a thorough bath. poor thing just hardly didn't want to come clean but he at least smelled and acted like he felt better. Since then he has got dirty again like he needs another bath. Also bathing him I saw that he had bald spots on the back of both of his rear legs.

I don't know what to try with him. I know that he won't last forever, and I know that I have given him a great indoor life, but just 6 months ago he was in perfect health and now it seems that the end might be nearer than I thought for him.

I just needed to rant about this for a while. Thanks for reading if you got this far.

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
Sorry, Predaking. Watching pets decline is hard. We went through it with my wife's dog several years ago, and we'll likely be going through it again with one of our dogs pretty soon. We're already seeing signs here and there.

Top Bottom