SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen
First screencap for the new season:

pcZccx1.jpg

Anonymous X

Citizen
Just started watching this as it’s on Disney+, and hadn’t had access to it before… I wish I’d seen it sooner, to be honest. After the cringeworthy pilot episode, it improves massively. I can’t see why anyone would prefer any of the modern Trek series over this, well, unless they’ve been blinded by brand loyalty.

AgentOrange

Citizen
Just started watching this as it’s on Disney+, and hadn’t had access to it before… I wish I’d seen it sooner, to be honest. After the cringeworthy pilot episode, it improves massively. I can’t see why anyone would prefer any of the modern Trek series over this, well, unless they’ve been blinded by brand loyalty.
Better cinematography, lack of MacFarlane humor, and less furious masturbation to TNG among other reasons none of which is brand loyalty. It doesn't even deserve mentioning in the same sentence as Lower Decks.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Season 3 on hulu... so they're trying to kill it, as no one outside the US has legitimate access to hulu.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
I would hope, I'm rather enjoying the whole thing and would be quite cross at missing the next season.

AgentOrange

Citizen
Season 3 on hulu... so they're trying to kill it, as no one outside the US has legitimate access to hulu.
Hulu is the only reason a third season is still coming. MacFarlane couldn't get it done in time for Fox for the 2020 season, it was either move it to Hulu or cancel outright

Glitch

Citizen
Modern Trek has huge problems, I switched Discovery off in season three, it's pure garbage and needs to be put out of it's misery with a bullet and I heard season 4 is the absolute worst.
Picard is like how Family Guy and Robot Chicken parody the TNG era which is not good they have poisoned the minds of the writers or actors, I admit the first ep of the second season is decent but the pay off will no doubt be shit given the track record.
Orville is just TNG era Trek back after a long hiatus but given all the overrated crap on TV, arc shows where long drawn out stories go nowhere because of executive meddling, where too many characters are just killed off when their personal arc is done, an episodic series is very welcome.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Treks problems NOW are the same as treks problems in 2009: A stagnating universe, pigeonholed writing, and a massive fear of alienating the existing fanbase. All they did to address the problems was to pull an apple, slap some vibrant colours and lens flares on it.

Lower decks and prodigy (regardless of how they end up playing out and how much the fanbase like or dislike them.) are actually good steps because it's proving that trek can still step outside it's comfort zone.

Dake

Citizen
Wow - I'd say the Orville's transition to just straight up sci-fi is complete and I'm here for it!

Glitch

Citizen
This one stank and what's worse it was written by Brannon Braga and Andre Bormanis of Star Trek fame.
No security or restraints in sickbay for the Brood knock off, a unnecessary newly established threat, no away team protocol, piss poor resolution.

Top Bottom