The Nintendo Thread of Jumping, Slashing, and Home Decorating

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
The reason I'm posting this thread now is that there's going to be a Nintendo Direct today around 5 PM. What's in it? Who knows. Just be warned, it MIGHT contain spoilers for Metroid Dread. Nintendo has NOT been shy about showing off large chunks of that game.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
It says itself that it’s focused on the upcoming winter lineup so hopefully less on anything coming in the next few months.

Hopes- Final Smash Character reveal. No predictions on who, but I hope we will get the reveal at least.
Close. Oct 5th announcement

Word on Bayonetta 3. No real stake in this myself but it needs to happen already for those who want it.
2022!

A word on the rumored ports of either Wind Waker HD or Twilight Princess HD. Give me a good reason to kick my Wii U to the curb.

likewise though highly improbable the Metroid Prime Trilogy port
. I doubt this with Dread less than a few weeks away.
Yeah
Otherwise I have no clue.

So new 3DKirby is cool. SWTOR classic coming in November

Last edited:

Paladin

Citizen
Chris Pratt is Mario.

that is a decision somebody made and nobody tried to stop.

spikeriley

Citizen
The only good things I like about the Direct: Kirby And The Forgotten Land (a.k.a. Kirby trying to do what Mario did in Oddysey), Chocobo GP, Mario Party Superstars, and the new Switch Online expansion that adds Nintendo 64 and Sega Genesis to the service.

Shadewing

Citizen
This excited me and my roommate so much, so many games we want.

But my biggest surprise? Something I expect few others to share my enjoyment in: Spike revealed to be in the new Super Mario Movie. Wrecking Crew was SUCH a big part of my childhood, and Spike gets very little love. To see him here just makes me giddy.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Well, it sure seems like next year's going to be great. We didn't really find out any BIG news for this year, but we're already getting Metroid Dread, Shin Megami Tensei V, and Pokemon BDSP, so...that's good enough for me.
Bayonetta 3 looks pretty good. The highlight of the direct for me. No idea who that character is at the end, though.

Kirby and the Forgotten Land-And I'm intrigued by a 3D Kirby. Though, it's a little unnerving seeing him in a (more obvious) post-apocalyptic world. I wonder if you're going to have to restore parts of it throughout the game or something? I can't imagine a Kirby game leaving a world in a destroyed state.

Splatoon 3-Fuzzy tentacles unnerve me...and yet I'm intrigued.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic-Well, at least Switch won't be COMPLETELY left out with the remake coming around. This might even end up being the better choice, we'll have to see.

Chocobo GP-Okay, it's pretty obvious this is a rip off...but it's kind of a cute, fun looking rip-off.

Voice of Cards-It's got a interesting idea, anyway. Not sure it's for me, but it's different, anyway.

Actraiser Renaissance-If anyone claims they saw this coming they're a dirty, dirty liar. Not sure if I'm in love with the artwork compared to the cleaner 16-bit graphics, though.

Castlevania Advance Collection-This exists! Cool. Aria is definitely worth playing through. And...is this the PSP version of Dracula X or the TGCD version? I might be tempted to pick this one up.

Disney Magical World 2-I'm surprised this is getting a port. Still, I always heard good things about this game. (oh...memories from the old board...)

Nintendo Online Expansion Pass-Oh BOO! It sounds like we're going to have to pay more if we want the N64 and Genesis games. With no real improvements to the rest of the online experience. BOO on making us pay more for ROMs, I say! Especially with something that's already a subscription service. The choice of games is pretty good though. *sigh*

The Mario Movie-Oh...it's going for the "all-star" cast approach...that sounds...greeeeaaat. There's going to be so many memes with this cast, though. The "Always Sunny" clips for Luigi alone. Jack Black as Bowser, too. That's...something.

Last edited:

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Chris Pratt is Mario.

that is a decision somebody made and nobody tried to stop.
The Mario Movie-Oh...it's going for the "all-star" cast approach...that sounds...greeeeaaat. There's going to be so many memes with this cast, though. The "Always Sunny" clips for Luigi alone. Jack Black as Bowser, too. That's...something.
]
Recalling the DiC series...the film could well be echoing that portrayal of the characters with elements from modern portrayals of the characters. I mean, I can see Pratt as the more assertive one between the two with Day being the cowardly one.

I mean, of ALL the cast, the one I question the most is Bowser. Jack Black is a weird casting choice.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Was quite surprised about the Actraiser remake. Have some fond memories of that game from back in the 90's, but it WAS rather clunky in the gameplay department. Great early SNES soundrack, though. Really showed the potential of the s-smp chip inside the SNES.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Graphics ain't anything. I feel like the only Castlevainia games I have enjoyed are on the Advance or DS. I'm glad this collection came out. Now if only the DS games were included.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
I mean, of ALL the cast, the one I question the most is Bowser. Jack Black is a weird casting choice.
Imma need this scene EXACTLY shot for shot in the movie.

Attachments

• super_mario_adventures_issue2_page_2.jpg
    super_mario_adventures_issue2_page_2.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 99

Sjogre

Citizen
Jack Black as Bowser is the only casting choice that I'm actually excited by.

I want another Bayonetta game and it looks interesting, but I'm not sure Bayonetta's new voice actress and her outfit seems... Kinda like something a younger person would wear? Odd choice for her primary outfit.

The Lappy cameo was unexpected but appreciated.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Castlevania Advance Collection-This exists! Cool. Aria is definitely worth playing through. And...is this the PSP version of Dracula X or the TGCD version? I might be tempted to pick this one
Circle of the Moon is really underrated. But I may be a bit biased since that was the first Metroidvania I owned and the first game I got with my GBA. Harmony of Dissonance, I just could never shake the feeling it started as a port of SotN and they changed plans partway through.

I haven’t had the chance to check it out, but I’m assuming Dracula X is the modified port/remake/alternate take of Rondo of Blood Konami released to the Super Nintendo in 1995. I’m glad Konami included MORE than just the GBA games (regardless how fantastic the game are), but Dracula X is certainly an odd choice. Also disappointed that Bloodlines isn’t on here since Circle of the Moon is quasi-sequel to that game.

spikeriley

Citizen
Circle of the Moon is really underrated. But I may be a bit biased since that was the first Metroidvania I owned and the first game I got with my GBA. Harmony of Dissonance, I just could never shake the feeling it started as a port of SotN and they changed plans partway through.

I haven’t had the chance to check it out, but I’m assuming Dracula X is the modified port/remake/alternate take of Rondo of Blood Konami released to the Super Nintendo in 1995. I’m glad Konami included MORE than just the GBA games (regardless how fantastic the game are), but Dracula X is certainly an odd choice. Also disappointed that Bloodlines isn’t on here since Circle of the Moon is quasi-sequel to that game.
That is because Bloodlines was put on the Castlevania Anniversary Collection along with the Castlevania 1-3, Super Castlevania 4, the two Game Boy Castlevanias, and Kid Dracula NES.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Regardless of warning, I just wasn't prepared at all. I guess the final Smash choice really was that simple.

And if anyone complains about this being "another sword guy"...when you walk away you won't hear me say...*notices the annoyed looks he's getting*....okay fine, I'll stop I'll stop.

Also, we're getting basically ALL the Kingdom Hearts games on Switch...via cloud streaming. *The monkey's paw closes another finger* And Doomguy is a Mii Costume.

Now...I wonder what the odds are of getting a "Complete" physical edition of the game, maybe next year? Can they fit all this in one cart? I am kind of hoping for some sort of "Ultimate-er" edition for this game....it definitely deserves it.

Last edited:

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
I was really interested in getting the KH games on Switch... until they mentioned the cloud gaming part of it. Killed any interest I had dead on the spot.

Sora's cool though. Nice choice for the last character.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
What a great way to end this incredible run of "impossible" gets. We don't deserve Sakurai.

Sjogre

Citizen
I figured that Nintendo would want to end the game with a bang, and Sora certainly does that.

spikeriley

Citizen
I figured that Nintendo would want to end the game with a bang, and Sora certainly does that.

That is possibly what they aimed, as Sora is a character who many thought would never be allowed in Smash due to being Disney property.

Top Bottom