The Nintendo Thread of Jumping, Slashing, and Home Decorating

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Whelp, I euthanized my companion cube. Wasn't that supposed to be a moral quandary for me. Cause I actually did even think twice about it.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I've been wanting to play a Portal Game. But since Portal 1 was a X-Box only game and I didn't want to play 2 if I couldn't play 1 on the Playstation, I never played any on the Portal games. Now, after all these years, I can finally play both Portals.

No spoilers. I can't wait to get that sweet, sweet cake by myself.
Portal was dumped on just about every major platform a couple generations ago. Not only that, but they run on the Source Engine, any modest computer will run them well. Heck, just cheaper to pick them up on Steam or on Xbox (both are backwards compatible)

And
The cake is a LIE!

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Yeah, Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak's looking pretty good. I wonder if we'll get a physical version?

Nier Automata is coming to Switch. Not sure if it's going to run the greatest, but it's nice to have it portable.

The Megaman Battle Network Collection sounds like fun. Hope they fix that game-breaking glitch in 4 Red Sun, though. Also, hopefully, you don't have to play through EVERYTHING to unlock stuff. Playing through a RPG twice could be a pain. No sign of the Gamecube game, either which is a...little bit of a shame. Or the Wonderswan game, which should have been fairly easy to include.

A Pac-Man World remake, really? Huh...was it good enough to bother with? It looks okay.

Blanc looks stylish...and I'm betting you'll be in tears by the end.

Return to Monkey Island! Not sure if this'll end up being great or terrible, but I'm interested to see where they go with this one.

Mario and Rabbids 2 Sparks of Hope is out October 20. That's a little later than I expected. But, it's looking pretty fun.

Little Noah looks fun, but I'll wait on reviews. Which shouldn't take too long since it's coming out today.

RPG Time Legend of Wright has a neat sketchy art style.

Sonic Frontiers definitely looks better here. I'm still waiting for reviews, though. Also, they found a way to get Green Hill in here after all....I was almost worried...

Disney Dreamlight Valley looks pretty cute. If you're a big Disney fan, I could see you having some fun with this. Looks like the spiritual successor to the Disney Magical World games on 3DS.

Live A Live is one I'm keeping my eye on. As long as it isn't broken, I'm probably going to get it.

Doraemon! ...Doraemon is never going to be popular in America. I kind of have a soft spot for it, from seeing a bit on Disney, but it's never going to be popular over here.

Dragon Quest Treasures! Someone messed up the sound editing, that bombastic theme is drowning out the announcer's voice LOL. It looks solid enough, but I'm not sure if it's my kind of thing or not.

Hey, Portal 1-2! I'll never say having classics on the console is a bad thing.

Harvestella. I'm get Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles vibes from this art style.

And, finally, Persona 3-5 coming to Switch! It's been a long time coming. Hopefully, these aren't cloud versions. And we get physical versions from someone.

I'd say this Direct was a triumph. I'm making a note here: Huge Success. Heavy on the RPGs, but that's fine with me.

And the nerdy part of me is compelled to point out that Portal 1 was available on PS3 via The Orange Box...which got REALLY hard to find, but still, technically available. I'm just glad these games are still alive.

Last edited:

Caldwin

Citizen
Like you said, really hard to find. Meanwhile you could find Portal 2 just about anywhere. So this has still been my first chance to play Portal.

Also, I have a Mac, not a PC. And I've never liked PC gaming.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
I never did beat the first one, couldn't get past one of the later levels. I looked up how to pass it, just couldn't quite do it fast enough. Then I forgot about it for awhile, and I've already looked up the last fight and credits.

Caldwin

Citizen
I'm not above googling solutions. I didn't really like the boss fight either because it was timed. I got it on my second go, but I still hate timed boss fights.

Caldwin

Citizen

All your base are now on the Genesis app if you have the expanded Nintendo Online.

I always wanted to check out the game behind the meme. It's actually a pretty decent shmup. And yes, they kept the poorly translated lines, bless them!

Caldwin

Citizen
Well, that's the second Portal Game defeated. Poor Wheatley 😢

It's a shame the Switch only does 30 second clips. PS5 can clip whole sessions. Even the PS4 could go up to 15 minutes. The Switch only does 30 seconds. What can you possibly capture in 30 seconds? Most boss battles last longer than that!

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
More than long enough for me, have a few clips from Animal Crossing like pretty scenery and big fish catches. Also caught the scene in Pokemon Sword/Shield where Bede meets the Fairy trainer lady. XD

Glitch

Citizen
IT'S NOT ACTUALLY HAPPENING!
But Dead Rising Triple Pack would be nice on Switch with optional gyro controls for gunplay, swordplay, bowling and driving. The franchise has been dead since DR4 flopped but Switch could help revive it.

Caldwin

Citizen
I want to know what kind of crazy ass world we live in where Sony is the one censoring games and so developers start going to Nintendo where they won't be censored.

Nintendo...you know...the ones who turned Mortal Kombat blood into sweat?

Sjogre

Citizen
She's too sexy to embed it seems :D How did she make it into Smash Bros and not Mai?
She wears a bodysuit while Mai has visible panties.

The Japanese rating board is apparently pretty weird about stuff like that. Likewise, Pyra and Mythra had tights added to their outfits.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I want to know what kind of crazy ass world we live in where Sony is the one censoring games and so developers start going to Nintendo where they won't be censored.

Nintendo...you know...the ones who turned Mortal Kombat blood into sweat?
You know that's not at all what this deal with Bayonetta is, right?

Caldwin

Citizen
I don't really know. I don't keep up with Bayonetta. Though I do realize it's been a Nintendo exclusive since the second one. It's just that I saw the story about the toggle feature and it made me think.

Top Bottom