The Nintendo Thread of Jumping, Slashing, and Home Decorating

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I only pay up when I feel some need to actually access or update the live Dex. They're still there.

I'd probably just dump them into an actual game for safe keeping, but, well....Sword and Shield.

Glitch

Citizen
I know we just had Metroid Dread, but Prime 4 has been in the wings since 2017, I think Nintendo should consider a Metroid Prime Hunters or Federation Force style game for Switch.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Heck, a conversion of Metroid Prime Trilogy has been on the rumor block since the dang system launched.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I guess the newest rumor going around is that we might get a full-on Remake of the first Prime. I'd probably prefer a port of the Trilogy version, honestly.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
We were also supposed to get a full-on remake of Mario 64, according to Internet rumors, and that turned out to be simply a remaster of the original game.

Glitch

Citizen
A limited time remaster too.
They don't seem to invest much in remasters now, Skyward Sword HD was a bit naff compared to Wind Waker and Twilight Princess and they couldn't even be bothered to up the resolution of Pikmin 3, it had the same rez and framerate as the Wii U original.

Glitch

Citizen
Bought The Force Unleashed and am surprised the controls work so well after Skyward Sword HD .

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Well, WTF Nintendo?

Last year, I turned off automatic renewal for my Switch Online. I just wasn’t using it and it should have been expired last year. Now, for some reason, I got a notification that my subscription renewed for Online PLUS the Expansion pass?!

I’m going to check my system, but I haven’t seen any unusual activity with my account otherwise. I don’t know if I forgot to check a box somewhere or what, but I KNOW I cancelled by subscription and auto renewal SHOULD have been turned off. I never previously got the Expansion pass so it shouldn’t have auto renewed with that to begin with.

So…it appears Nintendo signed me up for Online and Expansion pass without my consent. Guess I’ll have to be contacting Nintendo…

Last edited:

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Still have no idea what happened with the online crap. According to their records, it WAS purchased from my Switch, so I guess someone in the house used it to purchase the online pass? I'm legit not sure who since I have the my switch tucked away. Talked to Nintendo, said they would convert the remaining time on the subscription to eShop credit with a warning there isn't a guarantee they will do so again. Probably won't get any confirmation or update until Monday.

Obviously, I changed the password, and removed any linked cards.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Minor update: Nintendo DID end up giving me a refund to the card, but I haven’t checked to see if the credit was still on my eShop account.
Maybe they did discover an issue on their end?

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
So I’m glad I held off buying KOTOR 2 on Switch yet. Not only did they hold back the DLC that unlocks the “extra content” of the original release, there’s Alia bug that crashes the game once you hit a certain scene on Onderon.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I've been wanting to play a Portal Game. But since Portal 1 was a X-Box only game and I didn't want to play 2 if I couldn't play 1 on the Playstation, I never played any on the Portal games. Now, after all these years, I can finally play both Portals.

Squeeeeeeeee!

:love:

No spoilers. I can't wait to get that sweet, sweet cake by myself.

Top Bottom