The Nintendo Thread of Jumping, Slashing, and Home Decorating

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Partner Showcase!

Ender Magnolia will probably be a good game. I hear good things about Ender Lilies.

Unicorn Overlord continues to look good. Probably going to pick that one up.

Oh, the original Monster Hunter Stories for the 3DS is getting a port. Wasn't expecting that. If you never played it, it's a solid game.

Epic Mickey Rebrushed! This is probably the biggest reveal of this direct. Glad to see it coming back. Although, I do wish they just included the second game with it at this point. I know people didn't like the second one as much, but they might as well include it here.

Shin Megami Tensei V Vengence. Apparently, this is NOT a new game like SMT 4 Apocalypse. It's a upgraded version of V, with a new story route. So...hmm...a little scummy that they aren't offering just a upgrade to the base game, since this is basically just DLC. But, if you never picked up the original version, this is probably the version to get.

It's so weird seeing a South Park game advertised in a Nintendo Direct.

Oooh, Gundam Breaker 4! I'm not sure if this is going to be good or not. I know people didn't like the last one. But, I'm always for mech games!

World of Goo 2. I know some people who will love this.

A new Fantasy Life game. Neat.

Another Crab's Treasure actually looks a LOT more interesting and well made than I feel like it should. It feels like a meme game, but with a actual budget. Worth keeping a eye on, at least.

Penny's Big Breakaway's gotten some hype lately, being created by the Sonic Mania team. And it's out NOW, so maybe try it out!

Pepper Grinder looks like it could be fun.

A Moomin game? Okay.

Tales of Kenzera ZAU might be worth looking more into. It looks like there might be a mythology influence on the game, I do like that. Never heard of it before, though.

And more Rare games are coming to Nintendo Switch Online. Funny they don't just port the Rare Replay Collection, honestly, but whatever, I guess. I guess Battletoads is the one that I care about the most in this bundle.

And the big final game reveal is....Endless Ocean Luminous? Okay, I know they were moderate successes on the Wii, but I don't think that's the draw they think it is.

Last edited:

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I'll probably get the Endless Ocean one. I'm not sure how it will work without motion controls, but I did enjoy the Wii games.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Another Crab's Treasure had a demo in Steam Next Fest or something last year; IronPineapple covered it in one of his "Souls-likes you've never heard of" videos if you want to see more gameplay.

Oddly enough it's described on the store page as the developer's second game even though clicking their name lists two other games. I guess they decided Subway Midnight doesn't count as a real game?

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Happy Mario Day, everyone!

Yeah, there's not a lot happening for this video.

The Illumination Movie's getting a sequel...in 2026. No teases for what they're actually going to do with it.

And we get release dates for Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door and Luigi's Mansion 2 HD.

And a few more Mario Gameboy games are going to be added to Nintendo Online.

So...a pretty low-key presentation, really.

Top Bottom