The Next Gen Console Hunt

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
So, its been almost a year since the PS5 and Xbox Series X were released. Despite the time passing shortages continue to plague as none are available in stores and you have to play the 'am I feeling lucky' game every time you check online.

While I've seen a few of the digital only new gen Xboxes in stores, I still haven't seen the big black box itself. So periodically I've been checking online, just for a lark, not expecting anything.

And yet, somehow, yesterday I was able to get a new Xbox Series X through the gamepass monthly payment! I'll be honest, I had no hope of finding one, at least until closer to christmas, yet here we are.

How is everyone else's hunt going? Have you been able to secure the next gen of your dreams? Are you still hunting or have you given up?

ChessPieceFace

Citizen
It's amazing that it's still so hard to get these new consoles. I wonder if they'd have been saturated by now if the pandemic hadn't disrupted every step in the supply chain...

I got my XSX on launch day, via a pre-order from the Microsoft site as soon as they opened it for ordering a year ago. No issues at all. Couple of friends were two minutes late and still don't have theirs.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I keep looking for a PS5 every once in a while. But I'm not expecting to find anything any time soon.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I genuinely did not think it would be this hard to score a console. That's part of why I was so surprised when my order went through. Like, trying to get one of these is pulling teeth difficult even after damn near a year.

Maybe it's covid, maybe it's scarcity of components, maybe its a perfect storm of circumstance, but I really don't think it should be this difficult to get a console.

Top Bottom