Life is Hella Strange

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Well, Life is Strange True Colors is coming out in a week. So I think a thread is in order. Sooooo, possible convo starters...here we go.

Life is Strange:
I saved Chloe because of course I did.

Life is Strange Before the Storm:
I told Rachel the Truth. It would be rather shitty to lie about something like that.

Life is Strange 2:
Didn't like it so much because I don't like politics in my games.
I did finish it though. I crossed the border but the little brother got out of the car and they were separated.

Titan Comics:
If you haven't gotten any of these, definitely check it out. It follows Max and Chloe...and Rachel. Dun dun duuuuuun!

Life is Strange True Colors:
I preordered it today. I preordered bundle that includes the bonus story "Wavelengths," A hero Outfit Back and the Remasters of Life is Strange as well as Before The Storm.

I hope this good. I want this to be good. Please let this be good.

Caldwin

Citizen
True Colors is out today. It's downloading now, so I should be able to start playing tonight. I'll let you know what I think.

Prediction: since the remaster of LiS 1 and Before the Storm also comes out today (and is part of the bundle I bought, I predict that Max (and Chloe if you saved her) will make a cameo in this game.

If I'm right
, prepare yours for some ear-piercing squeeing.

Caldwin

Citizen
I'm only on Chapter 2 so far, but I'm abs loving this. As much as I love the first LiS, I can say I'm relieved that this doesn't have the same teen drama angst as that one did. Also, so far, I'm not seeing any in your face politics either (unless cannabis is still a hot button topic). I'm loving the characters and there's been a few real wham moments.
again, only on chapter 2, but I'm abs loving this so far.

Caldwin

Citizen
I just finished it. It's too late to do a big review tonight. But I dare say it's even better than the first one. Definitely glad I got it.

Bass X0

Citizen
I can't bring myself to pay full price for this, and I 100% completed the other three. I'll wait for a sale.

Didn't like it so much because I don't like politics in my games.
I liked it. But yes, even though he wasn't mentioned by name nor did he make a visual appearance at all, Donald Trump was the main villain of the story. It was to show just how bad Mexicans living in America had it under the Trump dictatorship. And to Mexicans in America during those four years, it is a fair word to use.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Without getting into that, can we say it's still better than the teen angst?

I found the first LiS fascinating but wow did did it try to be heavy with the angst.

Caldwin

Citizen
Not really. MHO, I'd rather have angst than politics. In fact, I absolutely love Max and Chloe. The comics even follow their story.

True Colors is honestly the best of the LiS games. I don't want to risk spoilers, but on the bittersweet scale of endings, it's probably the happiest of the games.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I love depressing stuff. But that first game tried to lay it on so hard that the impression I got was that the final choice was between letting your friend die or letting Sodom and Gomorrah burn, and I was surprised to find that the "correct" choice wasn't letting Sodom and Gomorrah burn.

Caldwin

Citizen
By the way, I'm just wondering what made you think which choice was correct? Was it the % players chose this bit? I know the majority of players sacrificed Chloe. But it is one of those "hotly debated to this day" type things.

I know when the remastered version hits, I'm going to do the same thing again, save Chloe.

Caldwin

Citizen
So when I got True Colors I got the version that came with the remasters of the first game and Before the Storm.

I don't know if I'm the only one here playing this, but I started Before the Storm and I seem to be getting a lot of crashe. Is it just me?

Caldwin

Citizen
I finished Before the Storm last night. I hope to start LiS tonight but haven't yet. So what I'm about to say applies to Before the Storm. It may also (likely) apply to the main game, but I don't want to commit to that until I've actually played it.

If you want to play these games, get the originals, don't get the remasters. The originals are perfectly fine. The original graphics are early gen, but the remasters are a complete mess.

Colors get wonky, the final cinematic was horribly choppy. I'll post examples when I get home tonight.

Also, I just got a lot of crashes. It's not too bad since it auto-saves frequently. But frequent crashes are still irritating.

Like I said I haven't gotten to the actual LiS game yet. So far I'm only talking about Before the Storm. But this hardly inspires confidence.

My suggestion truly has to be to get the originals if you can find them and keep away from the Remaster.

Top Bottom