2D/3D art The most accurately coloured G1 animation models online!

Alreaph

Citizen
Hi ! I just discovered this post and it's absolutely amazing ! Congratulations !

I did a lot of colouring of G1 characters too, like the Headmasters, the Targetmasters and their partners, generic characters...
I posted them on my DeviantArt page

If it can help ;)

TeletraanIV

Super Computer VTuber
Citizen
I discovered this post while searching for good quality images of the G1 cast separated by season for use in some videos and stuff I do on my youtube channel, would it be okay for me to use these scans?

RodimusKyiv

Citizen
Here is Nergill from the second season of G1
1666454622983.png

And here's something else interesting and rare that I came across today - animation sheets for Sparkler mini-bots characters. They were only in TF Marvel comics!! But they never appeared in the G1 cartoon. So, they either didn't enter the cast for some reason, or they were planned to be added in the 4th or 5th seasons... But this never happened. This means that for other characters from the comics there could be animation sheets for the cartoon version. Very interesting to see them in cartoon colours!

1666454953713.png

1666455000890.png

1666455132693.png

Reactions: D.M

RodimusKyiv

Citizen
Look what I found!!! I have been looking for this animation model for many years)) Beta!!! Assistant to the young Alpha Trion, who was then called A3.

Attachments

• CtoSsnTXgAA1I3D.jpg
    CtoSsnTXgAA1I3D.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 156
Reactions: D.M

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Takara is pretty good at color changing but I bet that one would have them scratching their heads.

NovaSaber

Citizen
And here's something else interesting and rare that I came across today - animation sheets for Sparkler mini-bots characters. They were only in TF Marvel comics!! But they never appeared in the G1 cartoon. So, they either didn't enter the cast for some reason, or they were planned to be added in the 4th or 5th seasons... But this never happened. This means that for other characters from the comics there could be animation sheets for the cartoon version. Very interesting to see them in cartoon colours!
There are probably sheets like that for everyone who was in a commercial with animation.

RodimusKyiv

Citizen
Wow! Great update(y) I'm happy to have colored Beta at last)

I've made a list of characters that would still be nice to get, too, if these animation sheets ever come online:

Season 2
Nergill (Atlantis, Arise!)
Some more ancient transformers models (Desertion of the autobots, pt.2)
Nightbird (Enter the Nightbird)
Alana (Sea Change)
Deceptitran and his droids (Sea Change)
Rusted autobot (Cosmic Rust)
Lord Gyconi (The Gambler)
Bosch (The Gambler)
Slizardo (The Gambler)

Season 3
A3 (Forever is a Long Time Coming)
Primacron and his assistant (Call of the Primitives)
Nijika (The Face of Nijika)

And characters from the transformers past (Five faces of Darkness, pt 4)

Attachments

• DD2.png
    DD2.png
    533.5 KB · Views: 130
  • FFOD4.png
    FFOD4.png
    620.1 KB · Views: 128
  • Cosmic rust 2.png
    Cosmic rust 2.png
    501 KB · Views: 144
  • Cosmic Rust1.png
    Cosmic Rust1.png
    429.3 KB · Views: 136

RodimusKyiv

Citizen
Also, it would be cool to find the animation sheets for the characters that were shown in the Transformers commercials: minispies, monsterbots, pretenders, pretender beasts (including Carnivac!!), powermasters, new headmasters, new targetmasters, seakons, sparkabots, firecons, triggercons, micromasters, classic pretenders, megapretenders, ultrapretenders (maybe including Thunderwing!!), monster pretenders.

RodimusKyiv

Citizen
And I also always wanted to find something similar for Marvel Transformers Comics. Yes, there is the Transformers Universe, but it doesn't include all the characters. And I'd like to see profile pictures for such charismatic characters as Emirate Xaaron, Impactor, all the Wreckers, Thunderwing, Carnivac, Bludgeon, Straxus, Megadeath, Boltax, Scrounge, Krok etc.

D.M

Citizen
Wow! Great update(y) I'm happy to have colored Beta at last)

I've made a list of characters that would still be nice to get, too, if these animation sheets ever come online:

Season 2
Nergill (Atlantis, Arise!)
Some more ancient transformers models (Desertion of the autobots, pt.2)
Nightbird (Enter the Nightbird)
Alana (Sea Change)
Deceptitran and his droids (Sea Change)
Rusted autobot (Cosmic Rust)
Lord Gyconi (The Gambler)
Bosch (The Gambler)
Slizardo (The Gambler)

Season 3
A3 (Forever is a Long Time Coming)
Primacron and his assistant (Call of the Primitives)
Nijika (The Face of Nijika)

And characters from the transformers past (Five faces of Darkness, pt 4)
Cosmic Rust bots I could try doing as I have the models for 3 rusted Bots. Could also throw in rusted Perceptor...
Gambler - yeah, I can do those too. I know someone who owns a model pack featuring them.
Sea Change - don't know anyone who might have for that one. Same goes for the listed season 3 eps.

Also, it would be cool to find the animation sheets for the characters that were shown in the Transformers commercials: minispies, monsterbots, pretenders, pretender beasts (including Carnivac!!), powermasters, new headmasters, new targetmasters, seakons, sparkabots, firecons, triggercons, micromasters, classic pretenders, megapretenders, ultrapretenders (maybe including Thunderwing!!), monster pretenders.
The guy that ran Cartoon Paperwork has some:

But he's gone missing. E-mail address is gone from the website and Twitter account has disabled private messages and looks to have been abandoned.

Greebtron

Citizen
I've been trying to get in touch with him, as both joeguide.com and cartoonpaperwork were, in theory, the forerunner to what I'm doing with the Archive. But all the contact emails on all of his public websites are returned undelivered. Shame, would love to get alook at all those Joe scripts and storyboards on the list.

FanofCoolStuff27

Citizen
Is there a reason Ratchet doesn't have the red cross symbol?
From what I can tell, in the cartoon (and I made note of this in Ratchet's wiki article a while back) Ratchet's red crosses disappear around season 2, which suggests to me that there are possibly two sets of "final models"; the batch with the red crosses that was given the all-clear for season 1, and a revised set without crosses for season 2/late-season 1 (made after Red Cross complained about their logo usage on the G1 toy etc.) Oddly enough, Ratchet features the red crosses again in his death scene in TFTM, which means that other version was used for those scenes.

If I'm not mistaken, Ratchet isn't the only season 1 character to feature fresh models for season 2 either, as I'm pretty sure all of the Dinobots (or at least Grimlock) didn't use their "final models" until season 2, hence the "square-head" and "round-head" variants for Grimlock. This is also excluding the weird alternate colour layouts used by AKOM and the other non-Toei companies throughout season 2.
What's this part on Thrust supposed to be?
Going by the G1 toy and the alt mode models, that is supposed to be part of the wing with the blue and white stripe detail, but it isn't coloured in. The cartoon appears to ignore that whole section too, so it appears to be accurate, regardless of how odd it looks.

There are actually quite a few discrepancies regarding the wings and tail fins on both the rear and front-facing models. The front view shows the wings and tail fins coming out from behind his legs, while the rear view shows them attached to the sides of his thighs and lower legs, respectively. In fact, all of the Coneheads appear to suffer from this issue

D.M

Citizen
Is there a reason Ratchet doesn't have the red cross symbol?
Got removed during season 2 as it turned out it's trademarked.

What's this part on Thrust supposed to be?
Weird leftover of some previous version of the model. If you look at his right arm, you'll also notice a remnant of toy like blaster/missile launcher.

If I'm not mistaken, Ratchet isn't the only season 1 character to feature fresh models for season 2 either, as I'm pretty sure all of the Dinobots (or at least Grimlock) didn't use their "final models" until season 2, hence the "square-head" and "round-head" variants for Grimlock. This is also excluding the weird alternate colour layouts used by AKOM and the other non-Toei companies throughout season 2.

Dinobots got revised for "War of the Dinobots". Revised angular heads of bots can also be spotted late in season 1, but it all got firmly set in place in season 2. Well, aside when it comes to non-Toei studios who kept on getting pre-Toei revised models.

Last edited:

FanofCoolStuff27

Citizen
Weird leftover of some previous version of the model. If you look at his right arm, you'll also notice a remnant of toy like blaster/missile launcher.
Oh wow, I can't believe I never noticed that before, it throws off the whole VTOL fan pattern and everything!

Mr. Rald

Citizen
Is there a reason Silverbolt's model sheet is in 5600 x 4000 pixels? are the other model sheets available in that quality?

Top Bottom