The Miniature Wargame/Board Game Thread

donnykatz

Citizen
The details that are present on these statues is insane. It's outstanding what a 3D printer can do. I'm simply fascinated by technology, even though I can't really understand it, since my domain is something else. I remember that when I've got my first PC, I used to play Solitaire every single day and now I'm able to do that on https://online-solitaire.com/ after a friend has told me about this. I didn't even know that you can do this. I should definitely learn more about this, since there's so much going on in this domain and this is going to expand my knowledge

Last edited:

Telly

Sack of monkeys in my pocket
Citizen
got the orc done! i think it turned out pretty good for only my second time

orc1.jpg

orc2.jpg

a bit too much flash on the first one. may take a new one tomorrow during daytime. the really great thing about this kit is that i can apply what i learned on the orc over to doing the goblins in hq! but i guess that could be said about the whole thing lol speaking of, i DID find what color i was supposed to use as a base for the skeleton in the instruction book :( oh well. he was practice anyway. got PLENTY more skeletons to paint using that guide

next up is the knight. he actually has a name-mangu timur. hes currently being primed so i dont have a pic yet

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
It's weird that Warhammer+ has all these contests subscribers are automatically entered into but as far as I know thus far none of the contests have announced winners yet.

To date, pending contests include:

- One of everything in the Citadel line of paints, brushes, and accessories
- One of every GW release for a year
- Win an entire Blood Angel or Genestealer Cultist army

Sharkshadow

Citizen
Got the start collecting lizardmen box for a birthday preseant. little overwhelmed with the scale of that Carnosaur.

Vexwing

Not dead
Citizen
The orc barbarian Kryngul wields his mighty sword X-massacre to spread holiday fear to those who would dishonor the spirit of the season!

Kryngul_01_OrcOnASpork.jpg
Kryngul_02.jpg
Kryngul_03.jpg
Kryngul_04.jpg
Kryngul_05.jpg

Decided to paint up and modify one of the upcoming D&D Frameworks minis from WizKids over the weekend. Let's see if I can keep the momentum going and paint up a whole squad of holiday minis.

Vexwing

Not dead
Citizen
The chronurgy wizard, Novusti Annuminci.

Forgot to post this after New Year's. Thinking of a mini to paint for New Year's wasn't as easy as my last two holiday minis, but I decided the Critical Role Chronurgy Wizard themed decently enough.

20220102_113500.jpg
20220102_113756.jpg
20220102_113828.jpg
20220102_113941.jpg
20220102_114021.jpg
20220102_114213.jpg

The featured mini is the Critical Role Chronurgy Wizard from WizKids with some added polystyrene for the spell effect numbers.

Last edited:

Vexwing

Not dead
Citizen
"I don't like to feel good, I like to feel evil!"

20220110_112008.jpg

20220110_112328.jpg

20220110_112158.jpg

Decided to have a bit of fun and paint a D&D Boneclaw miniature in Skeletor-inspired colors this past weekend. Myah!

Last edited:

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
Speaking of the Genestealer Cults.

The new Codex allows me to do this on my first Battle Round:

We've got a new thing called "Proficient Planning", little extras we can apply to one unit in our army. For +10 points extra, I can put "From Every Angle" on a Goliath Rockgrinder filled with Aberrants, Metamorphs, or Genestealers. What does it do? It lets me put the unit into Reserve without a CP cost. In addition, when deploying it from reserve it moves my battle round counter up by 1 in regards to deploying it. Which means it can come out of reserve on my first Battle Round.

And it applies Crossfire.

Vexwing

Not dead
Citizen
DisplacerTigerCNY2022_01.jpg
DisplacerTigerCNY2022_02.jpg
DisplacerTigerCNY2022_03.jpg
DisplacerTigerCNY2022_04.jpg
DisplacerTigerCNY2022_05.jpg

Happy Chinese New Year! May you not displace your luck in the Year of the Tiger!

Base mini is the D&D Nolzur’s Marvelous Miniatures Displacer Beast by WizKids.

Vexwing

Not dead
Citizen
Continuing with my series of holiday-themed minis, here's my fifth in the series: Vaalyntheros! Happy Valentine's Day!

Vaalyntheros_01.jpg
Vaalyntheros_02.jpg
Vaalyntheros_03.jpg
Vaalyntheros_04.jpg
Vaalyntheros_05.jpg
Vaalyntheros_06.jpg
Vaalyntheros_07.jpg

"The dragon known as Vaalyntheros exhibits many of the physiological traits of a red dragon, however, its distinctive coloration and behavior mark it as an outlier amongst its kin; some even suspect it to be a distinct species. More mischievous than malicious, few casualties have been reported from its raid on villages; just snatched livestock and treasure with minimal destruction left behind. Still, villagers afflicted by the dragon’s antics have attempted to enlist adventurers to slay the elusive beast, although typically with downturned gazes and an apparent resistance to offering details about the attack. Adventuring parties who have successfully tracked the beast have quickly discovered the creature’s most potent weapon—its beguiling Charm Breath. Any party unwise enough to succumb to this potent breath weapon find themselves powerless to defend against the next trick in Vaalyntheros’ magical arsenal—a uniquely powerful area effect Command Spell with an extended duration. With an utterance of the simple command to “love”, the dragon typically flies away, leaving the party to follow the command as they will. The concept of love can often be vague and elusive, so how this command is interpreted can vary greatly, but many an adventuring party has found themselves awaking from an encounter with Vaalyntheros in situations they will quietly agree to never, ever speak of again."

Base mini is the Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures Red Dragon from WizKids.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
So I may have got...a thing.

uOZ5EBC.jpg

...more than one thing, actually.

iwpVG77.jpg

And a bit of my recent output:

Y6O8sGH.jpg

eVliWPd.jpg

I even refurbished the paint job on a Eldrad model I bought awhile back as a Genestealer pallet cleanser.

BEFORE:
wvKptOD.jpg

AFTER:
TWTg9Uq.jpg

Top Bottom