The Mandalorian - streaming on Disney+

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen
We left off from season 2 in December 2020. Now here is the official public teaser for season 3, scheduled to begin streaming on Disney+ some time in February 2023.

General Star Wars thread here:

Dake

Citizen
Definitely looking forward to this. Obviously his feeling on droids must be changing since it looks like the N1 gets its droid slot back.

Dake

Citizen
Yeah, it will be interesting to see. It'd be a good way to introduce her into the live-action universe.

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
After two seasons, Din Djarin concludes he's really not a suitable father figure for Grogu and that the little tyke is better off raised by a Jedi Master who actually knows what these magic powers are all about. BoBF says **** all that and immediately pairs Baby Yoda right back with Mando, neither character gaining anything. Really hurts my investment in a show when it's willing to so quickly revert to the status quo (much less in a spin-off).

Axaday

Citizen
Some nuance may be missing, but he's not wrong. The whole thrust of season 2 was finding a Jedi to train Grogu and then in another show they reset it. That's pretty strange.

Dake

Citizen
Some nuance may be missing, but he's not wrong. The whole thrust of season 2 was finding a Jedi to train Grogu and then in another show they reset it. That's pretty strange.
The nuance is the point though.

Yes, technically they are back to where they started, but only in the most superficial of interpretations. Both characters have changed and none of that could have happened without them being separated. Jin needed to be forced to grow beyond the strictures of his ultra-conservative clan. Grogu needed to go with Luke to remember who he was and to regain some personal autonomy. They come back together now because they both want to be there, not because one feels duty-bound while the other seemingly has no choice. It's not a zero-sum issue; they are stronger now as individuals and a team than they ever would have been without the time in between.

wentwood

Citizen
I saw Mandalorian II on DVD recently.

I also plan to watch Andor on DVD.

This new run will wait till Doctor Who starts up on Disney + this fall.

As for Mandalorian I wonder if they might connect up to Episode VII The Force Awakens. There were about 19 years or so before that not accounted for.

Axaday

Citizen
The nuance is the point though.

Yes, technically they are back to where they started, but only in the most superficial of interpretations. Both characters have changed and none of that could have happened without them being separated. Jin needed to be forced to grow beyond the strictures of his ultra-conservative clan. Grogu needed to go with Luke to remember who he was and to regain some personal autonomy. They come back together now because they both want to be there, not because one feels duty-bound while the other seemingly has no choice. It's not a zero-sum issue; they are stronger now as individuals and a team than they ever would have been without the time in between.
But if you didn't watch a whole other TV show, Grogu just reappears.

That is kind of a Star Wars thing though.

Dake

Citizen
Yeah... If someone can't bother to watch one show in the last two+ years since M2 was done I don't really have a ton of sympathy (especially when the entire internet has known about the Mando interlude for ages now). That being said, I'm sure D+ will have some sort of "previously on..." blurb.

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
It wasn't really a 'whole other TV show', though. When they announced TBoBF, they explicitly said it was going to be 'season 2.5' of The Mandalorian. It's not like the two shows being interconnected was some big secret.

Axaday

Citizen
It is less agregious Palpatine suddenly reappearing. And not way different that General Grievous (that we've never heard of because we didn't watch The Clone Wars) suddenly being THE GUY we'd have to defeat to win the Clone War.

Axaday

Citizen
It wasn't really a 'whole other TV show', though. When they announced TBoBF, they explicitly said it was going to be 'season 2.5' of The Mandalorian. It's not like the two shows being interconnected was some big secret.
Yeah. That part still amazes me after all this time. The Mandalorians were made up to create backstory for this mysterious Boba Fett character. A generation of mystique builds up. They decide to make a show about a Mandalorian and then soon we find out it won't be Boba Fett and Mando gets all of Fett's glory. And then they say, "Ok, we'll make a show for Boba Fett, alright." And THEN Mando highjacks that show too.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
New season has started! Not a lot of story, but it gives us some fun stuff to kick things off fro the new season. A recap of things, a look into the Mando rituals, they fight Terragator, whose big scene is ended by a torpedo from Din.

This is very much a "setup" for the rest of the season, but between the initial creature fight, pirate showdown and space fight, with some nice humor, it's a good flow to start with

Top Bottom