The Leaked Listings Thread

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I'm not interested in him myself but I love getting to skip a Titan (wallet ouches all) and I'm happy for non-G1 fans.

-ZacWilliam, I do think, just as a spectator though, that I've seen WAY more interest in Tidal Wave than this.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, I have no strong feelings on Titan Cyb. Metroplex one way or the other. I definitely have no interest in buying it, but I don't hate the idea of it.

I do agree that Tidal Wave seems like a much more solid choice to ease the transition into non-G1 Titans. The fandom's love for Tidal Wave transcends series loyalties.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If they plan on keeping Tidal Wave's combination with Megatron, they're not going to make a Titan.

I would gladly ditch the combination, but there are good reasons why they don't let me decide these things.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
If they plan on keeping Tidal Wave's combination with Megatron, they're not going to make a Titan.

I would gladly ditch the combination, but there are good reasons why they don't let me decide these things.
Let's be honest, if anyone REALLY cared about his combination with Megatron (not that this design team would be apt to retain that anyway), we wouldn't be asking for a Titan.

This is the real reason we want a Titan...

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's kind of a dumb combination anyway. The only thing Armada Megatron needs is some height to better match Optimus and somehow that's the only thing he doesn't get out of the combination.

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
It's absolutely video game Tidal Wave that drives the Titan requests. In the show, they tended to overexaggerate his size in shots where he's at a distance, but he just wasn't that big whenever he actually interacted with anyone. Commander would absolutely be the way to go to homage either the show or original toy.

So the question is, would Hasbro realistically choose to abandon both show scale and any potential combination to homage a video game boss fight? I'm skeptical.

For whatever it's worth, I'd love both a Commander Tidal Wave in show colors that can combine with a new Megatron, and a Titan Tidal Wave in toy colors.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Well Hasbro still has dreams of being a media company, and that Tidal Wave boss fight is an actually memorable moment. We're still talking about it.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
I just want a Titan Aircraft Carrier and Tidal Wave is the best candidate. (I don't want a Titan-sized Broadside triplechanger).

Thing is, I want a G1-ish Tidal Wave rather than a modernized Armada Tidal Wave, and that's probably just something very specific to me and likely wouldn't move the needle on sales, so I'm find with a Commander Class one that splits into three different boats and combines with a Leader Megatron.

I proabably won't get it since I already have a full Armada set on top of not having room to display the full armada set, but for the other people who'd want it, I'd be happy for them.

Octavius Prime

UT Enthusiast
Citizen
I wanted a Titan Tidal Wave since T30 Metroplex (thought we could get a half-decent remold of it), but these days I think he'd be better as Commander class. Or maybe a new class in-between commander and titan.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Lots of anger over Cybertron Metroplex in some places.

I say bring him on Hasbro....although I do wish he came with his Mini-con partner as well.

I think the "anger" is due to the simplistic alt modes, the seemingly lack of interaction with smaller figures (opening hatches, "rooms", compartments, weapons, etc), the lack of the original Minicon/Planet Key that came with the original, etc.

When Metroplex was updated, it came with and sounds, "extra" stickers and a G1 styled box (in some territories) to help sell what itself was a rather large, simplistic TF. The other titans arguably had other refinements and improvements too, although they also had the strength of an established character with a longer history of character development.

Galaxy Force Metroplex hasn't got a lot of history to it, and thus needs much more to sell it to a significant amount of the TF community, which also includes those that bought the original figure and are looking for a new figure that justifies the 180-ish dollar price.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen

They could always make a titan, with parts that detach and combine with Megatron, or even let Megatron "merge" with the titan, as Superlink Optimus did with Omega Supreme.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I wanted a Titan Tidal Wave since T30 Metroplex (thought we could get a half-decent remold of it), but these days I think he'd be better as Commander class. Or maybe a new class in-between commander and titan.

I would be fine with him being a "small but complex" Titan class that lets him keep all the features of the original (splitting up into multiple vehicles, elevator to lift planes up onto the deck of the aircraft carrier, "troop carrier" component that opens up for small robot seating, etc) at least at the level they were on the old toy, possibly adding more play features as well.

MrBlud

Citizen
Keeping Tidal Wave’s interaction with Megatron is about as likely as Metroplex keeping his interaction with the Scramble Combiners.

So not very.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Keeping Tidal Wave’s interaction with Megatron is about as likely as Metroplex keeping his interaction with the Scramble Combiners.

So not very.
That metroplex feature was never featured in any media as far as I know. Tidal Wave combining with Megatron WAS in the Armada show though

Corvus

Citizen
That metroplex feature was never featured in any media as far as I know. Tidal Wave combining with Megatron WAS in the Armada show though

Metroplex's scramble-city combination wasn't featured in American media, to be sure, but it certainly was in Japan.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I would be fine with him being a "small but complex" Titan class that lets him keep all the features of the original (splitting up into multiple vehicles, elevator to lift planes up onto the deck of the aircraft carrier, "troop carrier" component that opens up for small robot seating, etc) at least at the level they were on the old toy, possibly adding more play features as well.

It's like Tidal Wave was made for Titan Class. It's his destiny.

Notomus

Unofficial Pope of Devconism
Citizen
GUOP sold out? Man. I guess Texas doesn’t like Cybertron lol. He shelf warmed hard here. I’m glad I got him tho. I’m still going back and fourth with getting Hotshot or not. The only reason I’ll probably get him is cause of the new Wreckers Comic.
Sold out everywhere I went to or seen, cant find him for retail online unlike other Siege leaders.

SG_Roadbuster

Citizen
I mean, if you want Megatron to interact with a Titan Tidal wave, why not just make TW a mech suit?
Turn the big boaty boi into the Power Loader from Aliens and let Megatron live out his dreams of cosplaying as Sigourney Weaver.

Top Bottom