The Leaked Listings Thread

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I sold the original version, as it wasn't really a great figure. I'm sure anyone who really wants this figure could just get the original online at a cheaper price than this new version.

Easy pass for me. It looks like crud.

Octavius Prime

UT Enthusiast
Citizen
So, I really want to support this, but I'm not sure. I love, in concept, that a UT design is getting this kind of commitment, especially since it looks like the vehicle is a bit more like an actual bucket wheel excavator. Really not sure yet.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Well offically, this Metroplex has one extra mode more than the original did, but then the orignal toy can have a smaller robot mode due to the nature of his transformation

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That reminds me that I need to take my annual victory lap.

Titans are not canceled and your dad does not work at Nintendo.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Does Family Dollar even sell regular Transformers?
Typically just "value channel" stuff like Authentics and occasionally some overstock stuff.

So I am a bit baffled as to why the toy buyer for this chain would be privy to plans for next year's core product line. Besides being a toy buyer for a major chain, I guess.

It doesn't look...BAD. It has a more defined alt mode than the original, I'll give it that. But in doing so, it kind of "lost the point" of the original which was to be a big boy with features. We get a better alt mode at the expense of the minicon and the cyber key gimmicks.

Eh....I'm not feeling it. Maybe with better pictures, but if I was able to pass on Fortress Maximus and Omega Supreme, I'm not sure Cybertron Metroplex is going to spur a purchase from me.

mx-01 archon

Citizen
It doesn't look...BAD. It has a more defined alt mode than the original, I'll give it that. But in doing so, it kind of "lost the point" of the original which was to be a big boy with features. We get a better alt mode at the expense of the minicon and the cyber key gimmicks.

What features we can make out from these low-res images seem to be side-grades to the original toy, in my opinion. Can't tell if there'll be anything resembling Minicon functionality, but the original toy really didn't have much of that, other than simply the ability to stick Minicons on him. This new toy has the ability to split Sparkdrinker in two to create more distinctive implements in Worker Mode. And it's hard to tell, but there might be some openable hatches on him for smaller figure interaction - there appears to be a hatch/platform sticking out of his leg in excavator mode.

Notomus

Unofficial Pope of Devconism
Citizen
$190 for a new remake of a toy that was unpopular and heavily clearanced in its original release 15 years ago. Is it targeted at people who were 7 when the original came out? Do they have enough nostalgia for this thing to be viable?

Also the "Legacy" logo is weird. Looks more like something from a fantasy toyline than Transformers.

If you've ever looked closer at the younger community, maybe at the fact that GUOP and Hotshot sold out quite quickly or perhaps how the Transformers Cybertron theme is one of the most popular memes in the fandom. Yes, there is nostalgia for it.

> Is it targeted at people who were 7 when the original came out?

What do you think War For Cybertron and Prime Wars were? Designed to be completely original and appeal only to new fans?

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
Sparkdrinker looks quite a bit more like a bucket-wheel excavator, which is great. Metroplex himself is.... maybe not worse?

Nice to see more non-G1 stuff (and honestly more non-BW/Prime/Movie stuff, too). The wild-ass fuchsia and teal cyber punk package design is kinda amazing.

Notomus

Unofficial Pope of Devconism
Citizen
Sparkdrinker looks quite a bit more like a bucket-wheel excavator, which is great. Metroplex himself is.... maybe not worse?

Nice to see more non-G1 stuff (and honestly more non-BW/Prime/Movie stuff, too). The wild-ass fuchsia and teal cyber punk package design is kinda amazing.
I'm gonna be honest, there's maybe a half dozen toys from the bay films I'd buy left (unless they dive into toy only)

As for Beast Wars, give them all to me.

Corvus

Citizen
Maybe they are going to use him as justification to drop titans? Cause he looks bad.

Oh come on, now.

Look, I also question the viability of this release, but that's some seriously conspiratorial reasoning there. I'm having flashbacks to the angry, tiny handful of Doctor WHO fans who bandied about the notion that the real reason why the BBC produced and aired "Curse Of Fatal Death" was so they could claim that they'd used up all of the Doctor's incarnations so they could keep the series dead forever.

Echowarrior

Citizen
I have mixed feelings on this. On the one hand, this guy looks neat. On the other hand, I still have the original, and am quite happy with it.

Gah. I'll come to a purchasing decision when it's officially announced.

MorganDfX

Photographer/3H Fan
Citizen
If you've ever looked closer at the younger community, maybe at the fact that GUOP and Hotshot sold out quite quickly or perhaps how the Transformers Cybertron theme is one of the most popular memes in the fandom. Yes, there is nostalgia for it.

> Is it targeted at people who were 7 when the original came out?

What do you think War For Cybertron and Prime Wars were? Designed to be completely original and appeal only to new fans?
GUOP sold out? Man. I guess Texas doesn’t like Cybertron lol. He shelf warmed hard here. I’m glad I got him tho. I’m still going back and fourth with getting Hotshot or not. The only reason I’ll probably get him is cause of the new Wreckers Comic.

Robogeek1973

An oldie but a goodie!
Citizen
Lots of anger over Cybertron Metroplex in some places.

I say bring him on Hasbro....although I do wish he came with his Mini-con partner as well.

Top Bottom