The Leaked Listings Thread

MorganDfX

Photographer/3H Fan
Citizen
Gold Bug will probably not be a Beetle. Oh well. I'll get it because I'm collecting all of Bumblebee's mold mates.
I’m upset both SG and G1 won’t be in the Runabros mold and yet another cliff repaint. Like Goldbug isn’t a minibot nor bettle.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Like Goldbug isn’t a minibot nor bettle.
You're right that he's not a "bettle", but he is a Beetle.

Goldbugg1toy.jpg

Swerve

Life of the Party
Citizen
Sadly I actually like the Bumblebee from the Buzzworthy set better than Netflix Bee. The bright yellow and autobot logo on his chest make for a better robot mode. I'm okay if Goldbug is like that too as long as he's gold, but I would prefer he is a beetle. I just don't think that will happen.

Swerve

Life of the Party
Citizen
Tapout and Glyph are long over due. I thought they were rumored to come out ages ago. Probably still not as a Beetle for Glyph though. Wonder how Hasbro's deal with VW actually works.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Tapout and Glyph are long over due. I thought they were rumored to come out ages ago. Probably still not as a Beetle for Glyph though. Wonder how Hasbro's deal with VW actually works.

My understanding (based on nothing but hearsay and speculation) is that they are restricted to only using the VW for Bumblebee, and only for heroic depictions of him (no Shattered Glass). I don't know if Hasbro could make the argument that Goldbug is literally the same character as Bumblebee, or even package it as "Goldbug Bumblebee" to keep the spirit and the letter of the law intact.

Of course, since I'm sure VW gets a cut of every licensed Beetle figure, Hasbro has an incentive to not try too hard to make more of them.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
ANOTHER Target exclusive 4 pack consisting of:

Goldbug, a white Waspinator, Ransack and Scorponok in his BW toy deco
Four (likely) Deluxes, unless it's G2 Ransack using a Voyager mold. But I'm not sure who'd work there.

Part of me would've preferred a Buzz Saw, but this could be good. I hope this is in the white/pink Waruder colors.

Wonder if Goldbug is going to be the same partwise as SG Goldbug -- reusing that new head on a Cliffjumper body.

I'm either way on Scorponok; toy colors are a bit better than show colors, but I'm not too attached to either color scheme. Not as interesting to have both as it was for BA.

This could be a nice pack, eager to actually see how they look.

The Phazer

Citizen
My understanding (based on nothing but hearsay and speculation) is that they are restricted to only using the VW for Bumblebee, and only for heroic depictions of him (no Shattered Glass). I don't know if Hasbro could make the argument that Goldbug is literally the same character as Bumblebee, or even package it as "Goldbug Bumblebee" to keep the spirit and the letter of the law intact.

Of course, since I'm sure VW gets a cut of every licensed Beetle figure, Hasbro has an incentive to not try too hard to make more of them.

We'd deal if they called Glyph "Underwater Mission Bumblebee" on the box tbh.

Tapout's not even a VW anyway.

I look forward to Hasbro UK dropping the ball and not making yet another Target exclusive available over here at all, like the last four pack.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
We'd deal if they called Glyph "Underwater Mission Bumblebee" on the box tbh.

Tapout's not even a VW anyway.

I look forward to Hasbro UK dropping the ball and not making yet another Target exclusive available over here at all, like the last four pack.
I'm the weirdo who would prefer TapOut to be a new-head repaint of the Runamuck/bout mold.

CyanSolstice

Citizen
Runamuck does need more uses, such a great mold that has so much potential

Armed and twitter user dodomumu showed it can work as rotf jolt

i still think it works as armada hot shot with a new head and chest

Top Bottom