The Leaked Listings Thread

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Draculus looks cool but since we're not getting any other monsters I'll probably pass. Road Rage looks nice but I'm not getting a credit card just to get it.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
So, how would one go about getting Road Rage if they don't have a red card, and also doesn't have a Target within driving distance?

MrBlud

Citizen
You can get a debit red card that comes out of your bank account.

that’s what mine is.

Suspsy

Citizen
Excited though I am for a new TM2 Megatron toy, I am concerned that it will turn out to be an extensive retool of T. rex Megs. Is anyone else feeling the same?

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
So...I think Target leaked a small image of Studio Series 86 Swoop. I'm looking at the email I got yesterday about the Collector's Spot "Take another look" thing, and the image used for collectible figures is, well, Swoop! It's a small image, but clearly a G1 Swoop with a red sword and his rocket pods on his wings. Proportions and colors don't match any recent retail Swoops, and the beak looks too solid/bright for the Generations Selects figure (which was never offered by itself anyway).

I'll try and get a snap shot of it, but if anyone else gets Target ads it might be worth taking a look.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Are you one of the special Redcard people? It won't tell me anything about availability, only "oooooh you need to join the concentric circle cult to buy this."
Not a Redcard person. I applied for a Redcard credit card a while back, and got turned down.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So...I think Target leaked a small image of Studio Series 86 Swoop. I'm looking at the email I got yesterday about the Collector's Spot "Take another look" thing, and the image used for collectible figures is, well, Swoop! It's a small image, but clearly a G1 Swoop with a red sword and his rocket pods on his wings. Proportions and colors don't match any recent retail Swoops, and the beak looks too solid/bright for the Generations Selects figure (which was never offered by itself anyway).

I'll try and get a snap shot of it, but if anyone else gets Target ads it might be worth taking a look.
Blue torso, I hope. (The comparison to Selects Swoop is throwing me off.)

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
Excited though I am for a new TM2 Megatron toy, I am concerned that it will turn out to be an extensive retool of T. rex Megs. Is anyone else feeling the same?
I'm not really worried that he'll be a retool. I could see some shared engineering, just based on the fact that they both have their beast legs become their robot legs, both have their beast head become a robot arm, etc. But unless they completely drop their show accuracy aesthetic for this one figure, I don't think there will be many, if any, common parts. I'm pretty confident he'll look like TM2 Megatron.

What I am a little disappointed/worried about is his size. Dragon Megatron was huge, more or less on par with Optimal Optimus. At Leader class, I'm guessing he'll be basically the same size as normal Megs. I can get why they'd keep him the same size, but I'd been really hoping he'd be a Commander class toy whenever he got made.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
What I am a little disappointed/worried about is his size. Dragon Megatron was huge, more or less on par with Optimal Optimus. At Leader class, I'm guessing he'll be basically the same size as normal Megs. I can get why they'd keep him the same size, but I'd been really hoping he'd be a Commander class toy whenever he got made.
We could say that it's his size in relation to the Autobots and Decepticons. ;)

Going by the scale of the old show, of course.

Kaon

Road Ranger and Puffer.jpg

We finally have the image without the slur watermark.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Blue torso, I hope. (The comparison to Selects Swoop is throwing me off.)
Yeah, blue torso. I forgot about the Selects Red Swoop, I was thinking of the Volcanicus repaint version
Hopefully this image attaches correctly, but it’s clearly a new Swoop figure.

Attachments

• B1F6158E-6326-4AA7-80C7-401176CAB5E2.png
    B1F6158E-6326-4AA7-80C7-401176CAB5E2.png
    273.2 KB · Views: 88

Paladin

Citizen
Yeah, blue torso. I forgot about the Selects Red Swoop, I was thinking of the Volcanicus repaint version
Hopefully this image attaches correctly, but it’s clearly a new Swoop figure.

could that be a 3P? they've done tons of Dinobots....

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
could that be a 3P? they've done tons of Dinobots....
But in an official Target correspondence? Not only that, but would a 3P use obvious cost saving things like ball joints, visible hip pins, and limb gaps? And why would Target used a 3P product image for “collectible figures” when they have access to images for everything from existing Generations figures to Marvel, Star Wars, GI Joe or DC.

Unless I see a 3P source, I’m very much inclined to say this is an image of Studio Series 86 Swoop.

Paladin

Citizen
But in an official Target correspondence? Not only that, but would a 3P use obvious cost saving things like ball joints, visible hip pins, and limb gaps? And why would Target used a 3P product image for “collectible figures” when they have access to images for everything from existing Generations figures to Marvel, Star Wars, GI Joe or DC.

Unless I see a 3P source, I’m very much inclined to say this is an image of Studio Series 86 Swoop.

and NOPE; it's DX9's War In Pocket Swoop.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
What the hell?!
I mean, not even TFSource sells that on Target’s page! That’s just crazy Target using a 3P image when they have so many other images they COULD have used!

Well, ignore me then!

MrBlud

Citizen
We’ve had official Transformers comic covers use 3rd party figures so a Target advert with no Hasbro oversight is far from shocking IMO.

Suspsy

Citizen
I'm not really worried that he'll be a retool. I could see some shared engineering, just based on the fact that they both have their beast legs become their robot legs, both have their beast head become a robot arm, etc. But unless they completely drop their show accuracy aesthetic for this one figure, I don't think there will be many, if any, common parts. I'm pretty confident he'll look like TM2 Megatron.

I hope you’re right. Another point in favour of a new mould is that it could easily be used to make both Cryotek and Deathsaurus. And yeah, Commander class would be cool, but PotP OpOp was a Leader class toy, so a Leader Dragon Megs should work.

The wings will absolutely not be as elaborate as the original TM2 toy’s.

The Phazer

Citizen
Draculus looks cool but since we're not getting any other monsters I'll probably pass. Road Rage looks nice but I'm not getting a credit card just to get it.

Isn't the rumour that we are getting a wolfman and the creature from the black lagoon if this sells okay?

Top Bottom