The Leaked Listings Thread

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That doesn't sound terrible. I'd be shocked if they didn't pull a Combiner Wars and release a more traditional Breakdown at a later point.

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
Conceptually a "multiverse combiner" is pretty neat, cherry picking the best/most interesting version of each character instead of being locked into one specific iteration. I wouldn't be opposed to a Bruticus made of something like Animated Swindle, SWAT truck Onslaught, Space Shuttle Blast Off, FoC Vortex and Movie Brawl -- a little celebration of the team in its entirety over just the first version that happened to pop up.

You gotta make that clear from the start, though. This method of implying Geewun until it's too late is gonna be a clusterfuck.

Fenix Twilight

Citizen
I always wanted to see Bruticus with B17 bomber Blast Off, Sherman tank Brawl and Corsair Vortex, and I forgot all about Universe Onslaught that was a cool toy.

MrBlud

Citizen
Conceptually a "multiverse combiner" is pretty neat, cherry picking the best/most interesting version of each character instead of being locked into one specific iteration. I wouldn't be opposed to a Bruticus made of something like Animated Swindle, SWAT truck Onslaught, Space Shuttle Blast Off, FoC Vortex and Movie Brawl -- a little celebration of the team in its entirety over just the first version that happened to pop up.

You gotta make that clear from the start, though. This method of implying Geewun until it's too late is gonna be a clusterfuck.

A fair point, but Prime Breakdown coming out in a Prime wave isn’t that unforeseen. Wildrider having a chainsaw doesn’t make him *not* G1 Wildrider all other things being equal.

Nevermore

Citizen
I'm still surprised they haven't made a Beast Wars version of Bumblebee using one of the Waspinator molds. I mean, it's so obvious.
What are you going to call it, though? "Bumble-B"? "Bumblebeast"? Simply "Bumblebee" would be a nightmare for a trademark lawyer (what with being "descriptive" and whatnot).

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
I dunno. Unless they heavily rework the transformation, Prime Breakdown would make a significantly chunkier leg than the other guy while If they scaled it down to match the other leg guy, he's going to be diminutive as most bulky characters tend to be compared to other characters in the same size class. I guess the trailer transformation could be reworked to have a slab or something to bulk out the other leg but at that point, either just make something entirely new or entirely g1 rather than something that tries too hard to be too many things at once.

RCX

Citizen
This is pretty much the same thing they pulled with CW: change it up by putting Offroad out first, get everyone to buy it, and then put out Wildrider down the line. They can tout it's in line with their "pulling Legacy characters from the Multiverse" theme, but it doubles as a way to get everyone to buy less ideal/less perfect versions of these guys first with nigh-guaranteed perfect G1 versions coming out secondarily which we will be sure also snag. We're seeing it on the previous page with Cliff and Kup. Hasbro, those smart bastards.

The Phazer

Citizen
This has just been debunked on TFW.

Apparently Wreckgar39 was given false info to screw around with the fans, and he just let everyone know he was punked.

While I appreciate I'm saying it too late to count, it always felt like a leak fishing operation simply because it didn't make much sense.

Dead End was supposed to be maroon with purple windows? That seemed very unlikely. Hasbro don't like having so little contrast on a toy and it wouldn't look a thing like the movie character anyway. And how would the proportions work for Breakdown given the leg transformation?

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Hundreds of people re-preorder Dragstrip after learning of this hoax.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I am actually glad it was a hoax. If they had made a Prime Breakdown Menasor limb that wasn’t CW-compatible, I would be sad. I have G1 Menasor, Cybertron Menasor, and the G2 CW set +Offroad, I’m not buying a 4th one unless the other figures are all Gobots.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I am actually glad it was a hoax. If they had made a Prime Breakdown Menasor limb that wasn’t CW-compatible, I would be sad. I have G1 Menasor, Cybertron Menasor, and the G2 CW set +Offroad, I’m not buying a 4th one unless the other figures are all Gobots.

You mean Puzzler? That's been in the works for a while now. They already released Combiner Wars Pocket:

CWDlxSunstreaker.jpg

Nevermore

Citizen
Just to make sure, the list of leaked listings includes a Voyager Class Soundwave that has the prefix "Pr", which has led some fans to speculate about a new Transformers: Prime Soundwave.

Actually, "PR" is industry shorthand for "packaging refresh", i.e. "unchanged product in modified or completely new packaging shipping again in a subsequent wave or under a different branding". So it's most likely a re-release of either Siege or Netflix Soundwave.
Another shorthand to look out for is "CF", which stands for "carried forward", which in turn means "unchanged product in unaltered packaging shipping again in a subsequent wave under then same branding".

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Just to make sure, the list of leaked listings includes a Voyager Class Soundwave that has the prefix "Pr", which has led some fans to speculate about a new Transformers: Prime Soundwave.

Actually, "PR" is industry shorthand for "packaging refresh", i.e. "unchanged product in modified or completely new packaging shipping again in a subsequent wave or under a different branding". So it's most likely a re-release of either Siege or Netflix Soundwave.
Another shorthand to look out for is "CF", which stands for "carried forward", which in turn means "unchanged product in unaltered packaging shipping again in a subsequent wave under then same branding".
True, but all the listings that I've seen reports of have had "PR" as a suffix (Meaning we're getting package refreshes of Core Optimus Prime, Soundwave and Leader Galvatron. So G2 Megatron is either a repaint or new mold).
As a prefix, it may BE a descriptor shorthand. This past year, Hasbro seems to be bigger on differentiating different "character versions" than they have in the past, even in situations where the trademark name is quite secure. This past year we've had "Mutant Tigatron", "Maximal Grimlock" and "Maximal Skywarp". Next year we'll have "Coronation" Starscream, instead of just calling him "Starscream".

With the Core (and very G1) Soundwave available (and likely to remain available between the wave 5 carryover and reported refresh in Legacy), Hasbro may very well have thought it prudent to have a descriptor to differentiate him on shelves.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen

JtPrime with leaks of upcoming retailer initiatives and exclusives for the coming year. I actually kind of like the slate for this year. It feels like there are FAR fewer “essential characters” compared to some of the garbage we saw with the WFC Trilogy selections (like Soundwave or VW Bumblebee) or even Buzzworthy with its Origins Bumblebee. Much less what happened with Earthrise with core characters like Prowl and Ironhide relegated to retailer exclusivity.
The “secondary” product range this year feels a LOT more “supplementary spice” than we’ve seen over the past couple of years, and I’m glad for it.

Walmart is apparently doing a Velocitron flavored series whose big entry will be Black Convoy (RiD Scourge) and Override (rumored to be a big retool of SS86 Hot Rod). I’m curious to see what they do with Blurr, speculation is a retool of Legacy Pointbreak…but I could also see elements from Kingdom Tracks making for a viable Armada Blurr as well.

Amazon is doing a Wreckers line. It’s being reported by leakers that Impactor and Springer will be bundled with the listings for the two new Fossilizers (I’d rather just get the Fossilizers, but we’ll see how the figures turn out). Poor Fractyl will apparently be the poor fool facing off against them.

Walgreens has Minerva, while Target’s wacky AF Buzzworthy line continues to get some solid entries…for whatever reason. Silver streak, toy deco Terrorsaur and an accessory pack featuring a red Cog will be joined by another multipack: Goldbug (SG Bumblebee redeco, assuredly), Ransack (like Kickback retool), toy colors Scorponok, and Parylizer (Waspinator redeco).

The Selects lineups is fairly solid as well, with some nice Beast Wars redecos (including Sandstorm and Nightprowler) joined by a bunch of Diaclone redecos. Plus a redeco for Cyclonus, like in more toy centric colors.

According to JtPrime, Packrat, Antagony, and the Titan Guardian are still in limbo. The first two I can see popping up in any number of places…but a Titan? Probably going to end up a Selects or online e-tailer exclusive. Amazon would be my first choice, but guys like Entertainment Earth and BBTS have snagged exclusives on more than one occasion.

Nevermore

Citizen

I don't think there's actually anything in that list we don't know about yet, though some things do stand out:
1) Aside from Premium Finish Studio Series Megatron, all the Premium Finish figures are marked as "Masterpiece" rather than "PF"
2) Hasbro's current "theme" for the code-names of actual Masterpiece figures is "deserts". There's "Kalahari", "Sonoran" and "Sahara". I assume those are Skids, Crosscut and Reboost?

Echowarrior

Citizen
I for one am looking forward to many of those releases, though I am especially intrigued by that Buzzworthy accessory pack with a red Cog. Perhaps a buddy for Grand Maximus?

RCX

Citizen
I'd be happy with a red Cog for my SIEGE shelf. Did any version of Cog ever appear in Masterforce (like Fasttrack/Black Roritchi)?

Top Bottom