THE KNOCK OFF TRANSFORMERS THREAD

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
jmC9GAJ.jpg

Aoyi Mech's Yellow Overload (which is actually Long Haul... or Payload), because I can't resist Movieverse Constructicons.

7kcUKYP.jpg

27wFL6M.jpg

QPH3iXR.jpg

egX842e.jpg

Incidentally, thanks to "Payload" I found that my official Long Haul has insanely long pegs in his shoulder wheel struts. No wonder the wheels were constantly in the way of the arms.
hXNnH0U.jpg
IfVMqna.jpg

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
jmC9GAJ.jpg

Aoyi Mech's Yellow Overload (which is actually Long Haul... or Payload), because I can't resist Movieverse Constructicons.

7kcUKYP.jpg

27wFL6M.jpg

QPH3iXR.jpg

egX842e.jpg

Incidentally, thanks to "Payload" I found that my official Long Haul has insanely long pegs in his shoulder wheel struts. No wonder the wheels were constantly in the way of the arms.
hXNnH0U.jpg
IfVMqna.jpg

Nice! I kinda like that it looks like a traditional Caterpillar yellow dump truck. They build those in my hometown just around the corner from where I work.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
1c9cbe5199.jpg

New KO MP Arcee out. Apparently, it comes with two modified chests (plus the original); one standard version that's higher than the original and one set of organic-looking "breasts" (although not the same as the "hentai" 3P kit versions). The modified chests might need to be removed for car mode, so there might be some partsforming, but I'm not sure. The feet are metal, which might also help with stability.

- https://showzstore.com/rosetoys-rt-01-robot-rose-arcee_p3744.html

A customer review, taken from the ShowZ website:

-
"
For most people, this should be fine. Once she is in robot mode and all tabbed in, she looks like Arcee and has the corrected chest piece for people who did not like the limited posing of the original MP Arcee. For me, she is quite frustrating to transform - from how positive I hear people being about the official, I assume this is from the KO-ing. Overall I like and will probably keep her, but she will not likely replace my FT Arcee.

Pros:
1) Good cartoon looking Arcee who shows a lot of "life" in poses. This does not look like a lifeless doll, but like the lively cartoon character.

2) The new chests fix the thing that kept me from the original (the low chest). I do not like like the one that is made to look like "breasts" but the flat one really helps with the flaw of the original mold.

3) the new face is cool, a less cutesy look is a nice option.

4) It is sturdy, uses good plastic, and has metal feet for balance

Cons:
1) It may just be my copy or a product of the KO process, but the final tabs to latch on her backpack are very difficult to get in, and mine never looked right no matter what I did. There are also a few tabs that require more force than they should to move and make me worry I will break it.

2) no improvements to the legs. The legs on this mold barely go out to the side and do not move back at all.

3) There are spots of scuffed paint throughout at some edges. It does not make me unable to enjoy her as a display piece, but I do notice them. Pretty typical for a high end KO though.

4) One of the alternative faces has a big glob of paint on the chin and another has a kind of light brown spot on the cheek. This makes me not use either of them.

5) The instructions stop at step 26 - I use instructions, so this was frustrating.

Another review is here:

-

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
IMG20220730074045_sirtoys.jpg

Sirtoys has got KOs of the original BW2 Lio Convoy toy (in blue or red) :

- http://sirtoys.com/toys.php?c=1&p=7786&t=BW_II_Lio_Convoy_Red.html

- http://sirtoys.com/toys.php?c=1&p=7785&t=BW_II_Lio_Convoy_Blue.html

Mini review from TFW:

The plastic is thin but not shampoo, they are also fairly light considering their size (possibly large voyager class).

The flip out weapon mechanism has been simplified/removed so no weapons.

It possibly lacks ratchet joints.

Both modes have loose joints so they need tightening.

OSKO Legends Optimus Prime:

- http://sirtoys.com/toys.php?c=1&p=7769&t=Optimus_Prime_Legends_OS_V5.html

OSKO Legends Optimus Prime.jpg

KO Authentics Megatron v2:

- http://sirtoys.com/toys.php?c=1&p=7736&t=Megatron_Authentics_OS_V2.html

KO Authentics Megatron v2.jpg

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Maketoys Thunder Manus KO Mini Review*
Available at: Ebay, Bombusbee and other e-tailers.
Price: Around £80 ($92.12)

Negative points:
- Some may be missing the ends of the rifles as well as the smaller guns for the core robot.
- Prone to breakage on the forearm covers (see pictures below), due to thin/poor quality plastic. However, the same problems have occurred on the official Maketoys "Divine Shooter" set too.
- Some reports of poor paint apps elsewhere (but some may be fine).
- No etailers have updated their listings to mention any of the possible problems mentioned above, so "buyer beware".

Positive points:
- Plastic quality seems same as the original, for better or for worse (see above).
- Joints are right, weight is 1g out.
- In-hand feel is awesome.
- Original reissue is much more expensive ($250 at TFSource).
- Uses official-looking Maketoys packaging (embossed and well-printed).
1654534255714.jpg

(Below: - Broken arm covers)
20220606_154742.jpg

20220606_154421.jpg

*(Via TFW)

Top Bottom