The Jurassic Thread!

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I enjoyed the film. But I also did not go into this expecting it to be a top tier Oscar performance movie. It’s a fun summer flick.

I actually liked that the little girl was more than just some rich old man’s attempt to hold onto what he lost.

Henry should be brought to trial for his actions. Cool. You stopped the locusts that you created. All of the lives lost from all 6 movies could be attributed to him. He shouldn’t get to just live his life. I know it was a redeeming story for him, but I don’t like it.

several goofy things like Malcom spearing the apex Dino. As somebody pointed out several things just seemed to happen at the right time. The shaving cream can was a cool tie in.
Way, way too many coincidences, dang.

This Malcom now isn't the same Malcolm as he was in Jurassic Park 1 and maybe 2. He's acting more now-ish Jeff Goldblum. Kinda took me out of it for a while.

Also, Chris Pratt was super grim. I don't recall him making any jokes or anything, aw

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I also didn’t realize until reading this thread the other day these are the same people. I always thought he said Dotson.
451CDE5D-7AED-41EF-9BAD-0F8AEC6DF567.jpeg

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So I took the kids to see this on Monday and I thought it was good. There were some characters that could have been in it to wrap up the storyline.

Malcom's daughter or the kids from JP1 would have been great to see in it. I am happy that Henry gets some redemption, as he has been portrayed as a villain since JW.

Also, did we need the bug's?

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Would have been easy to say the boy took after his grandfather and was doing a lot of the same research. Using his sisters computer skills to run the company as well.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Would have been easy to say the boy took after his grandfather and was doing a lot of the same research. Using his sisters computer skills to run the company as well.
Well, John Hammond canonically died after the third film I believe. I do like the idea of them taking over after the company went through the events of JW1 and JW2.

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
Finally saw this film (it's the last day my theater's playing it). I enjoyed it, with the caveat that Fallen Kingdom cratered my expectations. While I prefer the Park trilogy to the World trio, I do like that the latter feel more like an actual progression of the universe; 'we created a monster to get attention' and 'we made a plague to ensure people buy our product' is more interesting than finding a contrived way to get back to the island a third time. That being said, it felt like it dragged on quite a bit and I started idly thinking how odd it was that the kids show got to the dino carnage before this film did.

I love the, I guess dinosaur fan-service here. The Therizinosaur, feathered raptor, Dilophosaur's return, and Giganotosaurus were all creatures I had always hoped to see in one these movies (even if the Giga feels reeeaaally late now). The Quetzalcoatlus and Dimetrodon were fun to see too. What a nice way to end this series!

The cast of the two trilogies coming together was pretty fun. A lot of the callbacks were rather silly (somehow the barbasol can returned), although I did like the twist on Ian Malcolm distracting a therapod with a flare. It does bring to light how different Park and World are, though; Alan Grant 'communicated' with the raptors in JP3 with specific calls and body posture and feels like someone studied actual pack animal behavior, but here he has to follow Owen Grady's method of giving the "stop" gesture which doesn't actually make the dinos stop.

Surprised they kept the laser tracker thing from Fallen Kingdom, given how much flak that got.

The final therapod fight was kinda insane in how disconected it was from everything. The Theriz and Giga weren't major villain types, the Rex is there just because it's an icon, and our heroes simply walk right past it. It's too bad they deleted that prologue they released as a teaser, it'd at least give some throughline for the Rex and Giga fighting.

Top Bottom