The forgotten titles project!

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Back by unpopular demand! Where you explore the unplayed, or little played titles you already own in an attempt to justify... the literal hundreds of dollars you've put out over the years only to ever increase your executive paralysis and resort to the same three titles over and over and over again...

I think I insulted myself with that intro... I mean: I kind of feel insulted.

Anywho!

I recently managed to finish "Grounded" and I do mean finish, as in: I not only completed the story, but got 92% on the game scorecard. I'm not a rabid completionist, so, you know, good enough for me. But it's been messing with me because the game actually ENDS. It's been literal years since I've played a game where it actually is finished after the end: normally, you just get dumped back on the map with a "good job: now you're free to keep going!".

With that said, I've been pouring through my steam library trying to find something to peak my interest, and I settled on "Stars End" to try again. I bought it ages ago, played for a few hours: generally liked what I saw (despite the clunky UI, jaggy graphics, and stuttering.), and saw there was frequent updating and a seemingly thriving community, so I walked away for a while. With the recent engine change in update 66 (they went from whatever to unity.) which greatly improved the visuals, increased performance, and reduced loading times. I figured now would be a decent time to try again. I'm still liking what I'm seeing and I'm a lot less put off because of the performance, so I'm going to play it for longer than a few hours.

It's a survival, crafting, multiplayer game, styled after... well, firefly, to be honest. Old West Scifi. My sole complaint right now is that despite there being the option to play solo, you're still connecting to a server, and consequently cannot pause the game. When I play games solo, I actually pause a lot, because apparently I'm fidgety, and am constantly getting up to do stuff; like get a drink, go to the bathroom, do the dishes, fold laundry, pay enough attention to the cat so she gets the **** off the desk... stuff like that. I mean, valheim did get it worked in, so I've no doubt if suggested it'll happen eventually.

Alright folks, now you know the drill, let's see you stretch that gaming budget!

Top Bottom