The Ever Popular, "What Are You Playing" Thread!

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
That's fair. It probably helps me that VII was always one of my favorite FF games. So I already had incentive to do a dive into the lore.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Played/finished Them's Fighting Herds story mode on Beginner difficulty. Platforming sections were annoying. Had trouble with the first two bosses but eventually got through. Surprised story mode was so short. There's supposed to be more chapters soon, but apparently it's been in development hell. Haven't really played much in online mode, but the salt mines are kinda fun.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Played some more Minecraft Dungeons with my oldest yesterday. It is a fun game, but I find the loot rewards to be annoyingly spare and the boss fights to be annoying. Not to mention how buggy the game is on the Nintendo Switch.

wentwood

Citizen
Finishing disk 1 of Final Fantasy IX on Play Station Classic Mini.

Will do so after a weapons upgrade which is why I'm running up Gold.

Got to the end of Final Fantasy VIII so want to finish the PS 1 Trilogy. Also I'm on Disk 2 of Final Fantasy VII
but will need to get stronger before I finish the game.

On Final Fantasy VIII couldn't quite beat the boss witch.

Will replay Final Fantasy VII on PS Mini so I can get stronger.

Finishing Final Fantasy III NES on I Pad. I had Cloud saved the game.

Last edited:

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Picked up the digital version of Process of Elimination. Feels like it took forever to get to the next strategy/board game section. I lost b/c I spent too much time trying to investigate side data. XD

Apparently, once you beat the game, you can go back and use all the detectives to investigate. Plus there's extra data? I'll still try to get everything I can once more, though. I kinda forgot about some of the mechanics since it's been awhile since the demo.

wentwood

Citizen
I played from PS 3

Final Fantasy XIII
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Street Fighter IV
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Tekken 6
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IX
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles X
Tomb Raider X

Will finish these later.

At the moment I'm playing PS 2 era main franchise games so I don't miss any.

Even if I don't finish the game the plan here is so I don't miss any installments of the series. I will attempt to finish the games in question if I can.

I have games on my PS 1 mini mainly for catch up purposes.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Finished Process of Elimination. Saw some of the twists coming. Some plot holes, but it was more complicated than I thought. It had shounen beats of darkness/despair with unbridled optimism and a little fanservice. The characters were fairly interesting but I didn't get overly attached. There was some inconsistent characterization. Def didn't hit hard compared to other mystery games I've played.

The best part was the board game/strategy maps. Each char has their own strengths/weaknesses, plus you have to navigate/uncover the evidence in X amount of turns. Some areas have enemies/traps to avoid, which made things more complex. Two shorter maps were really annoying, though, and I had to look up a video. You can't undo anything once you make your move, if you fail you have to start over from scratch. I kinda wish there were more maps you could do just for fun. Post game clearing adds a few more skits/info you can uncover on the maps, but you can't use all available detectives on all the maps.

It was pretty fun, once I got to the 2nd map it was hard to put down. 6.5/10 maybe?

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I decided to get back into Demon's Souls before the hot weather takes over and makes me nervous about running the ol' PS3. I managed to beat the Flamelurker, finally unlocking the ability to craft boss weapons. Not that I was really interested in any because I'm playing a Temple Knight and discovered that the Moonlight Great Sword in this game is geared toward high-Faith characters. On the subject of special weapons, though, I trekked back into the Valley of Defilement to have a go at the crystal lizards, and discovered that an extra ladder appears once you've beaten all the world's bosses. It leads to four of the giant Depraved Ones, an enemy that's particularly hard to deal with in this zone because of the terrain. Somehow I got them all without getting hit, despite being utterly unprepared to face them. I'm getting really good at baiting out attacks and then casually stepping out of the way just in time. Too bad that rarely works on bosses.

Speaking of which, the Penetrator is no joke without Biorr. I don't know if I was getting tired of cheesing my way through everything or paranoid about Biorr possibly dying—probably a little of both—but for now I would like to try to solo him. I think the big issue is that I have no idea what I'm doing. I've watched several LPs of this game at this point, so I can try to just follow their example if nothing else, but they all dealt with the Penetrator by letting Biorr do most of the work. I'm flying blind for the first time in this entire run.

The Maneaters, meanwhile, also continues to be a wall for a different but related reason: it's completely impossible to predict. No two attempts feel like the same encounter. One time I was beating them both pretty easily until the survivor was at 25% health left and decided to just stunlock-combo me to death. Another time, one of them just flew away and never came back. (I know that can happen if you have the Thief Ring, but that was actually the time I remembered to take it off!) I've heard people describe that fight as "literally broken", as in it was never programmed properly, and I believe it.

12 bosses out of 16 down, though, and one of the remaining ones should be a cakewalk. Oh, and I figured out that I can stop leveling Intelligence if I swap out my helmet for the silver coronet, which will put me over the 100MP needed to cast God's Wrath, so that might be what I try next against Penny and the Goyles. Definitely going to go farm the crystal lizard nest in 2-2 with it.

wentwood

Citizen
Final Fantasy III on I Pad
Final Fantasy IV on I Pad
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy IX on PS Mini
Final Fantasy X on PS 2
Fnal Fantasy XII on PS 2
Tomb Raider VIII Anniversary on PS 2
Tomb Raider IX Underworld on PS 2

Final Fantasy XIII
Starting Chapter 4

Finished the main game for Final Fantasy Dimensions II

I beat Street Fighter IV on my phone. Used Cammy. This was before I got a PS 3.

Last edited:

wentwood

Citizen
I have a PS 3 Slim but the bugger can still over heat some. I have a PS Mini so that I can avoid the overheat issues. I have 565 games on blue flash drives.

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I have sucked completely into Xenoblade Chronicles 3 again. Which is both an awesome game and story, and yet I feel like I’m progressing really slowly because barely have I finished say 3 or four missions/side quests, then 6 more instantly pop up. And yet…

I am loving every minute of this.

Still haven’t finished Xenoblade 2 and still need to buy Xenoblade 1, though i do know both games stories well enough.

While I’m not quite done with the main story yet, i am very much looking forward to the dlc expansion story Future Redeemed.

I know it will likely never happen, but I would love a total remake of Xenogears.

wentwood

Citizen
Final Fantasy XII

Last chapter of the game so trying to level up.

I would like to point out one thing.

I held out for Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition so I had the whole game.

What can happen is that if you already own a game sometimes PS N won't let you get a new content edition.

So I waited till it was fully finished to get Final Fantasy XV. As I have RE I would likely get new content included later should they update.

I may also do this with Tomb Raider X - XII (Survivor Trilogy)

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Process of Elimination... one of the characters is Pinkerton descendant. The name sounded vaguely familiar when playing, now it's 😬 Poor Posh Detective has her work cut out for her, trying to restore honor to her family name.

Started Danganronpa S Ultimate Summer Camp. It was the main reason I got the Decadence bundle, since I haven't played it before. It is fun, but looking up guides, it's a LOT more grindy than I thought. Leveling up individual cards on the board game helps you win tower fights which give you bonuses on the board games and on and on. Of course there's a huge gotcha mechanic, and while you *can* pay real money for cards, apparently it's not even necessary (if you play enough).

I'm not sure if this game will keep me interested to "beat" the game (you have to play every char on the board at least once), and I definitely won't bother with all the events for all chars, but it's fun so far!

wentwood

Citizen
PS 2

Mega Man 1 - 8

This will get me ready for Mega Man 9 - 11.

Mobile

WWE Champions

Finished the Chicago levels in the main game and started the 1st section for the girls (Women's Evolution) and am on Chapter 2.

As for Street Fighter I may shortly try that new mobile game out.

wentwood

Citizen
New games

PS Digital

Street Fighter V Champion Edition

Will build this out over time. I play Street Fighter on all PS systems.

Street Fighter V went in sale for 5 bucks in the PS store.

wentwood

Citizen
Update

Once I can get it set up I'll be playing the Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters Editions.

I have

Final Fantasy I
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III

from Google Play.

I want to get Final Fantasy IV - VI Pixel Remasters going this week.

Top Bottom