The Dragon Prince

Dvandom

Citizen
If you think farting is below the Avatar, you forget how Aang was raised. :)

Also, poor Viren...came so close to redemption, then bang, total backslide.

---Dave

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I'm only starting season 5 now.

It's really going slow. Witch daughter is still trying to save her dad and the good guys are trying to stop them from freeing the dark touch elf.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
The pirate arc was kinda violent. I would have been happy if the ending was different, cuz he was cool.

Also I knew what was in the box, hehe

Also, on ep6 there was a Deep Space 9 in joke, with the pirate smuggling place having self sealing stem bolts, haha!

IMG_20230727_021040.jpg

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
There were also several Twin Peaks homages in the second episode.
I didn't watch Twin Peaks so I don't know the references.

I hate that Claudia got mutilated like that but more for the fact that it might make her lean deeper into evil. But she has a wonderfully nice boyfriend so I don't know what's what with her, haha

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I've been watching, so far, only done the first three eps of the new series, honestly, I forgot new eps were coming until this thread came back to life! So far, its not to bad, thou the world seems rather small, I mean, two of our main characters travel from what I presume is the capital of one nation to where the Sun elves are living, within about three to four days! Viren's dream/vison is certainly intersting and its asking the question of "Our we really in control of our own destiny or is everything already set in stone?"

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I need to see the new episodes. I don't like the animation of the series, but the characters grew on me.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I'm iffy on that. Either death would be a great cliffhanger ending.

If he died, the resulting anguish would be devastating yet amazing to end on.

If the sacrifice happened, the resulting rebirth would also be a tantalizing taste of what's to come.

But to end on uncertainty? It's a bit unsatisfying.

Thylacine 2000

Citizen
They really have been treading water a lot. After the huge stakes at the end of season 3, the show has taken one diversion after another. I think the 7 season order hurt them.

Dvandom

Citizen
Yeah, I watched the first episode of the current season and just couldn't make myself care enough to watch more. Season 4 was feeling kinda "Wait, we got renewed? But we didn't really have plans past S3" to me, with Aaravos himself being a Mystery Box that no one had thought much about. Now that they have to open the box after every other plotline seems to have been resolved pretty well, eh. I'd have more hope for S5 if S4 had committed to Viren's reformation and had him die heroically or at least break away conclusively from Claudia at the end, instead of rolling back into the bad guy bin. And then S5 starts with the classic "we don't know how to go forwards with this relationship except by doing a breakup and reconciliation" opener of trying to drive a wedge between the young couple.

I blame studios' refusal to touch new ideas when they can instead wring more out of an old one. The creative team should've ended the show at S3 and moved on to a new idea.

---Dave

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
A trailer for the next batch of eps, doesn't state when it comes out, only coming soon, but the next book is entitled Stars

Top Bottom