The DC...Extended Universe or Films or Whatever

MrBlud

Citizen
I mean, that’s the case on the Marvel side too. Feige doesn’t answer to Perlmutter.

Shadewing

Citizen
I mean, that’s the case on the Marvel side too. Feige doesn’t answer to Perlmutter.

Feige barely answers to anyone. Just about everyone on the Disney side leaves him alone, becuase he's kinda proved his worth in knowing what he's doing for the most part.

Shadewing

Citizen
Okay, they had me at including the Burton theme song when showing off Micheal Keaton's Batman... I kinda want to see this...

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
It's glorious to hear the Elfman Batman theme again... I really want to see this, but I just know I'm going to be inevitably pissed off when James Gunn announces a few weeks later (after it's made the bulk of its profit) that the whole thing is nullified, Keaton will never appear again, etc, etc along with a few promises of whatever MCU rip-off he's devising to turn DC into.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Too late:
Batgirl (featuring Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne/Batman) got scrapped, reportedly there was talk of another Keaton Bat-project (Batman Beyond, supposedly) that was also scrapped.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
I'll respond to the James Gunn announcement here and the Flash stuff over in the other thread. Time will tell on how good it actually is but it seems to have a decent setup. I'm disappointed that the Wonder Woman project was described as Game of Thrones but I guess we're firmly entrenched in the New 52 origin. Green Lantern was a bit of a positive surprise in that they're leaning into the dual space cop setup.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
My assumption is that it would be using the changes to Wonder Woman's origin and world made around then. I could be dead wrong. Just the knee jerk reaction of the moment.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
My guess with the Wonder Woman TV show is that it kinda-sorta taking inspiration from the recent Trial of the Amazons event. That way they can work in Nubia, the Bana-Mighdall Amazons, and the Esquecida Amazon Rainforest Amazons.

Basically, it's a big fight against different factions of Amazons for the "honor" of guarding the doorway to the underworld. And getting manipulated and tricked by various forces during the contest.

wentwood

Citizen
After Doctor Who I may likely swap over to DCEU depending on when the 15th Doctor ends his run unless D + holds the series for the 16th Doctor. This could be a swap back between D + and HBO Max. Or I may decide to start HBO Max in April and keep both feeds.

My thought on that is if both MCU and DC EU have active shows at once and I mean a lot of them in both lines. MCU has 6 episodes each year per series they have active. Titans IV is on their mid break.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I mean, I don't know if we got a dedicated, general, DC Media thread, but I guess this will do.

After WBD's recent cuts and restructuring, they left Batman: Caped Crusader in limbo. There was significant interest from Apple, Netflix and Hulu, but Amazon Prime ended up snapping up the series with a two season order. Pitched as a spiritual successor to Batman: The Animated Series focusing on the early years of Batman, the show featured JJ Abrams, Bruce Timm, and Matt Reaves in executive roles. Comic writer Ed Brubaker is leading the writing team as well.

MrBlud

Citizen
Hopefully the other writers manage to rein in Timm’s creepy obsession of putting Bruce with Barbara.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Hopefully the other writers manage to rein in Timm’s creepy obsession of putting Bruce with Barbara.
Since it's focusing on Batman's early years, there may not be any sidekicks in this.

So Bruce Timm wouldn't be able to ship Barbara with himself Bruce Wayne.

Last edited:

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
IMG_20230628_102745.jpg

Top Bottom