The DC...Extended Universe or Films or Whatever

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
I have to admit, the end of Black Adam kind of made me start looking forward to see Caville come back as Superman (after all, the script issues with Man of Steel weren't his fault), but now the whole thing seems to be thrown in the garbage? These constant changes and announcements and re-announcements are really starting to put me off the whole DC-whatever-you-want-to-call-it; I don't care who's in charge.

They'd better come out with pure brilliance, otherwise I'm going to remain unsatisfied.

Last edited:

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Give me a Crisis on Infinite Supermen, ala multiple Spider-Man, hehe

I'm actually not looking forward to Momoa Lobo. He's funny but too nice for the Main Man. Maybe

But keep Shazam. And Black Adam

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
Trading Aquaman for Lobo seems like something of a downgrade, IMO. The character isn't interesting enough to have his own film, and he's hardly arch-nemesis material.

Shadewing

Citizen
Lobo for a long time was the closest thing DC had to a 'Deadpool', since then they've been trying to make that Harley Quinn; but that not seemed to take too well. And with Gunn around, I could see them trying to make a Deadpool-ish movie with Lobo; becuase Gunn is good at those types of movies.

Cybersnark

Citizen
I feel like any attempt to make a Lobo movie risks missing the point of Lobo: he's not a badass macho antihero, he's a parody of a badass macho antihero. Trouble is, the fans who were being made fun of are exactly the kind of people who don't realize they're being made fun of. At this point, the only options are to play him straight or dial the parody up to 11 --which is what Krypton did, revealing Lobo as an obnoxious dumbass nutcase.

Shadewing

Citizen
I feel like any attempt to make a Lobo movie risks missing the point of Lobo: he's not a badass macho antihero, he's a parody of a badass macho antihero. Trouble is, the fans who were being made fun of are exactly the kind of people who don't realize they're being made fun of. At this point, the only options are to play him straight or dial the parody up to 11 --which is what Krypton did, revealing Lobo as an obnoxious dumbass nutcase.

Which is why I say he's the closest thing DC has to Deadpool. Both are parody characters that are kinda badass. But largely both of them are more about poking fun of the stuff around them and being as over the top as possible. They're completely different characters with largely different ways of handling their parodies, but both of them are overly violent and still manage to be funny. And of course how well they work always depends on who is writing and/or protraying them.

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen
Patty Jenkins has made this statement about the next Wonder Woman movie.

p2gpZss.jpg

MrBlud

Citizen
Cavill being dropped makes it incredibly likely that it’s going to be an almost total reboot.

Ergo Ezra would’ve been gone even if he hadn’t done all that :gestures around broadly:

MrBlud

Citizen
Haven’t seen Stargirl so I can’t comment but Doom Patrol was unquestionably better than the Superman show that wouldn’t even have him in costume.

Cybersnark

Citizen
I feel like the only real competition for "best DC show" are Swamp Thing and Legends of Tomorrow, with Doom Patrol firmly in the middle, stylistically (LoT is zany but extremely low-budget, while ST had higher production values but was totally serious to the point of depression).

Doom Patrol manages to both look great and have the surreal, wacky, and frequently profane body-horror that you'd expect from something that borrows heavily from Grant Morrison's run.

Top Bottom