The COVID Vaccination Thread

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
Got a booster on Friday. For me, the recovery time was a bit longer than my 2nd shot (Was basically out for the next three days).

Ironbite4

Citizen
And yeah he was vaccinated but he had other, underlying health issues that made the vaccine less effective.

Ironbite-also it's a preventative, not a miracle cure.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
He was also 84. In the prime age bracket to be killed by pretty much any major infectious disease.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
DLojjyB.png

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Heard a sobering fact at meeting today at work (I work at a hospital).
For the year, our institution is over a million dollars in the red. So, anyone saying how this is a ploy to make hospitals rich...are full of shit. The big reason for the deficits are because of the extreme bills being racked up by COVID patients. We're seeing patients staying the ICU for WEEKS. I know of many that have had stays of 60+ days IN THE ICU! Not to mention a host of them spending a month or more in lower levels of care. And you can count the number of "breakthrough" cases on your hand, meaning nearly all of our COVID run has been those who haven't been vaccinated.

Do you think these people REALLY have the money to pay THOSE kinds of medical bills? Some of these people will have bills in the 500,000 plus range, and we'll be lucky to get a quarter of that back. And those without insurance? Pfft, that's going to end up hundreds of thousands, if not millions, that will have to be written off.

Nevermore

Citizen
Every conspiracy makes a lot more sense if you don't know too much about the subject and don't think too much about it.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
The canadian house of commons has passed a full vaccine mandate for entry. Surprisingly: it applies to even politicians and their staff. Normally they get off the hook for stuff like this, only requiring staffers and support personnel to be bound by it. There's two things I want to know from all this; 1.) they mentioned that only folks with acceptable reasons will be able to avoid the mandate. So I want to know what qualifies as "acceptable", because during a global health crisis: the only acceptable reason is medical. I honestly don't give a **** if your religion objects to how the vaccine was made because your religion also states that putting others in danger is wrong.

The second being: I want them to open announce the names and party affiliations of all the folks who get refused entry for being unvaxxed. Shame might not work against them anymore, but schadenfrued is still ******* delicious for the rest of us.

Edit: Oh yeah.

Related note: Shit has really hit the fan in saskatchewan: but they refused to enforce protocols which would limit spread and then they went and ******* asked the US for help before they asked ottawa. This is what a torie government gets you: pain, death and stupidity.

Cyoti

Citizen
Do you think these people REALLY have the money to pay THOSE kinds of medical bills? Some of these people will have bills in the 500,000 plus range, and we'll be lucky to get a quarter of that back. And those without insurance? Pfft, that's going to end up hundreds of thousands, if not millions, that will have to be written off.
Right. You can even see this on the patient side. There is a whole lot of gofundme pages begging for money to pay for covid related hospital bills or to pay for funeral expenses. And even among the survivors, there are going to be people stuck on oxygen for awhile who are not exactly going back to work anytime soon to pay off the bills. I can't even imagine the astronomical bills of someone who survived an ECMO and then a lung transplant.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
That’s IF they can get a lung transplant. Extra organs aren’t exactly a dime a dozen even BEFORE recent events. There will be millions who will have damaged lungs for the rest of their lives simply because they aren’t “bad enough” to justify a transplant.

Though, given my own transplant experiences, being placed on ECMO MIGHT qualify someone as being “disabled” and it might be possible to apply for disability SSA and Medicare coverage. If you know what and when to fill out the complicated paperwork (which the only reason I do is because of prior experience and intelligent parents who found out such information well in advance).

And in terms of transplants, I’m thrilled to see the Transplant Centers aren’t ******* around with the idiots who are refusing vaccines:

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Makes me really wonder what kind of mental gymnastics some medical proffesionals who are also covid deniers or are anti-vax must have to pull off

Ironbite4

Citizen
The same type of mental gymnastics that the regular anti-vaxxers do.

Ironbite-with the added "I'm a doctor therefore I'm right" twist added at the end.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
You can make people answer test questions, but you can't force them to believe the answers they gave.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
American education teaches you how to fill out standardized forms. It doesn't teach you how to actually know things.

Nevermore

Citizen
Another anti-vaxxer who barely survived a severe case of Covid now becomes pro-vax and urges people to get vaccinated:

EDIT: Just realized this video is from July. My bad.

Top Bottom