The COVID Vaccination Thread

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Honest question: You know how the ACA forbids insurance companies from denying people coverage for any reason as long as they paid up? Does it say anything about the hospitals? Because if I were an overcrowded hospital I'd start authorizing the clerks to look up incoming patients' Facebook accounts and turning down whoever they end up hating the most. I know why they're not doing that; every new patient means more dosh from their insurers, and what are their overworked doctors and nurses gonna do, threaten to walk out? Still, there are some hospitals that literally can't take in any new patients anymore, so you have to draw a line somewhere.

I do recall joking, back in 2018 or so when news hit of investors backing out of the health insurance business, that our ultimate evil plan to enact universal health care was to bankrupt the insurance companies and then nationalize them. At the rate they've been having to pay out for COVID care for the past solid year and a half, it might not be a joke for much longer.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
43iv8l.jpg

I've long since given up any pretense of feeling sorry for these idiots. I do feel bad for the medical personnel who have to try to take care of them, though.
I also feel bad for the non-idiots with non-COVID medical problems that can't get the care they need because hospitals are full of COVID cases.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
"It's my thing now to respond to hate comments with 'for just ten dollars into my venmo account, I'll tell you the truth about covid-19 and crisis acting.' I've made about a hundred dollars, so..."
Absolutely genius.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I totally missed it (being either on calls or catching up on sleep that I'd gotten none of the night before) but apparently Facebook (along with Whatsapp and Insta) was down for a day. What a blow to anti-vaxx "research".

Wish it'd lasted a bit longer.

Nevermore

Citizen
I totally missed it (being either on calls or catching up on sleep that I'd gotten none of the night before) but apparently Facebook (along with Whatsapp and Insta) was down for a day. What a blow to anti-vaxx "research".

Wish it'd lasted a bit longer.

Hahahaha. Of course, the downside is that along with Whatsapp, Vodafone was also down in Germany, so I couldn't get in touch with my mom.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Marjorie Taylor Green apparently thinks that ivermectin should win the Nobel Peace Prize.

There are so many layers of stupid, I don't even know where to start.

Sunstorm

Super-Powered Zealot
Citizen
The 2015 Nobel Prize in Physiology and Medicine was awarded to William C. Campbell and Satoshi Ömura for their discoveries leading to ivermectin [1]. In addition to its extraordinary efficacy against parasitic diseases, ivermectin continues to offer new clinical applications due to its ability to be repurposed to treat new classes of diseases. Beyond its invaluable therapeutic role in onchocerciasis and strongyloidiasis, an increasing body of evidence points to the potential of ivermectin as an antiviral agent.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7539925/

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Sometimes I think she might just be a con and is just playing this as a character to milk people out of money. Say outrageous thing somewhat connected to some fringe conspiracy theory, get the adherents to give her support, profit. Hey, it worked for Trump.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Texas, florida, georgia... republicans will be the death of us: don't blame the physical locations where stupid decides to settle down.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
The GOP is a death cult. They'll gladly do whatever it takes to do nothing but say they beat them dirty libs, even if it means standing on a mountain of corpses to do it.

Tm_Silverclaw

Citizen
The GOP is a death cult. They'll gladly do whatever it takes to do nothing but say they beat them dirty libs, even if it means standing on a mountain of corpses to do it.

Thankfully most of them WILL be the corpses.

And as someone IN georgia.. I'm all for every republican state that ignores the mandates to LOSE all fed money.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
I got my second jab yesterday and it's definitely rougher than the first one, though I'm not doing too badly.

NZ is going to have a 6 hour "Vax-a-thon" on Saturday to try to get the vaccination levels up.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Wife got her booster. A lot like the second, but a bit milder and a lot less time to get over it. I'm taking that as a good sign. Being a lung cancer survivor whose a nurse and around a lot of people who are potentially infected I'm constantly worried for her health.

Top Bottom