The COVID Vaccination Thread

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
The BBC just made "Unvaccinated", a documentary, where several anti-vaxers were invited to see pro-vaccine and fact-checking evidence and then discuss their views with scientists and experts:

- https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...e-most-infuriating-tv-show-of-the-year-so-far

Here are some links to the show. Some might get axed when the BBC takes them down, so get them while you can

Full documentary:

-

Short clip from the show:

-

(Note: - Several uploads or videos at YouTube relating to this documentary have been taken/uploaded by "GBN", which seems to be the British equivalent of "Newsmax" - https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/gb-news-uk-bias/ )

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Yikes! Hope you don't have it, Wonko. And I wish the best for the rest of your family.
Oh , its in the house, so it's just a matter of time, really.

Frankly, it's mostly just an annoyance at this point. We're all vaxxed, the only one lagging behind is me cause I don't have the FOURTH yet. But now we're cancelling plans, and trying to work out the isolation period.

Almost three years of effort just ******* wasted cause dad couldn't be arsed to keep wearing the ******* mask.

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
Well, 2 Pfizer shots and a booster, and consistent masking as I scuttled to work and back on transit for 1.5 years (the rest of the time I was recovering from surgery so not working) and the two lines came up today.

...Crap.

Hopefully I'll be able to check in and update tomorrow.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Although not C19 related, it's about vaccinations:

-
"The vaccine-derived poliovirus that left an unvaccinated US resident with the country's first case of paralytic polio in nearly a decade has been genetically linked to spread in two other countries: the United Kingdom and Israel. Now that it has been detected in the US, health officials fear it has spread to hundreds or even thousands of people in a poorly vaccinated New York county..."

(Source: - https://arstechnica.com/science/202...ul-60-vaccination-rate-1000s-may-be-infected/ )

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Mom and I just tested: and we're both negative. We're going to retest dad tonight, because now we suspect he got a false positive.

Edit: Tested dad again, and he's definitely positive. Mom and I are going to retest ourselves on thursday, and see where we stand.

Edit again: So just tested again, and mom and I still both negative. Dad gets tested again tomorrow, but we're hitting the 5 day suggested isolation period and... well... I think we might have just side stepped the whole damn thing.

Last edited:

wonko the sane?

Citizen
NOPE!

Mom tested positive this morning. I figured it would happen eventually, but did not think it would take this long. So yeah, 5 more days of isolation (Despite there still not being symptoms.)...

Yeah, good week. Good... *******... week.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Welp, I figured it would happen eventually.

At least I got to confuse my brother by sending him a pic of the test and telling him I was pregnant.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Hey, you always gotta look for the silver lining. Confusing a sibling is ALWAYS a silver lining. Might even make the whole ordeal worth it.

In all seriousness, get well soon.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
My intent when I sent it was "Will this make him actually CALL me and not text".

And it did: he called, like right away. So once I get over the general soreness, exhaustion, and the racking cough (which is goddamn confusing, cause some times it's like "swallowed water wrong" little cough, and some times it's like "hey remember your abs? Cause I ******* do! And now you will too whether you like it or not!".) I can actually enjoy it.

Edit: I'm coughing so much my ******* back hurts.

Edit: been about two and a half days. I coughed so hard I vomited this morning, and I'm getting side stitches in muscles I haven't felt since I started cycling. I want an ice bath, then a nice long soak in a hot tub, or for someone to put a ******* bullet in my head.

Last edited:

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
How is the CDC actually doing worse under Biden than it was doing under the guy who denied the virus was even real?

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Because NOW they should know better: but it's not like the corporate overlords have changed when trump went.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
And I thought our own countries were bad...

"
Two policemen guarding a polio vaccination team have been shot dead by gunmen in north-west Pakistan.

The team of two vaccinators was unharmed, police said.
Local polio vaccination teams are often targeted by anti-vaccine militants, some of whom claim vaccination is a Western plot to sterilise Muslims.

Pakistan and Afghanistan are the only countries where polio, which in severe cases can be fatal or leave patients paralysed, remains endemic..."

(Source: - https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-62564326 )

Kup

Citizen
Well my wife just caught the covs. She’s resting in bed. Considering we were sharing a pint of ice cream last night, kissed today, slept in the same bed I’m just waiting for my symptoms to start. She went from “I feel weird” to “Mr Stark, I don’t feel so good” in like an hour. It was surreal watching her plummet like that.

Our son tested negative, which permitted him to play in his soccer game tonight. Not sure how I felt about that, but CDC and school guidelines say he can play so whatever. He’s going to wear a mask except while playing. Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s positive tomorrow but tonight he’s negative. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I’m double vax, wife is boosted, son double. Daughter is not. Last time we caught it, only my daughter and I ever tested positive.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Good luck man. My father was mildly inconvenienced for like three days, and I'm a week into feeling weak and tired. So might be over quick and easy, might suck. Your mileage may vary.

MrBlud

Citizen
How is the CDC actually doing worse under Biden than it was doing under the guy who denied the virus was even real?

Its doubly weird when you remember they’re in a “trust rebuilding phase” and lead off with “Do whatever the Hell you want!”

Top Bottom