The COVID Vaccination Thread

Kaon

I like how Nicki Minaj thinks the vaccine is going to sterilize people lmao.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Little known fact: the AC/DC classic "Big Balls" was written after a COVID vaccine reaction.

That's not true but makes as much sense as Nicki Minaj.

NovaSaber

Citizen
Anti-vaxxers are literally identifying with Nazi wizards now: https://www.vice.com/en/article/7kvywd/unvaccinated-tiktok-purebloods-covid

The term “pureblood” doesn’t exactly have the best connotations. But now unvaccinated people on TikTok are, er, trying to reclaim the term as a way to tout their “superiority” over their jabbed fellow citizens.
The phrase was popularized by J.K. Rowling’s villain Lord Voldemort in the Harry Potter series as a way to distinguish between those with “pure” wizard ancestry and everyone else, drawing parallels with the Nazi doctrine of the “master race.” As a concept, basically, it’s been used to justify some of the worst crimes against humanity in history.

The new “pureblood” trend seems to have gotten a big boost from conservative TikToker influencer Lyndsey Marie in a post shared last week replete with hashtags like #harrypotter, #pureblood, and #unvaccinated.
“From now on, I refuse to be referred to as ‘unvaccinated,’” she declared. “I want everyone to now call me Pureblood.”

Andross Darkheart

God Emperor of Hell
Citizen
This goes beyond just reasonable caution for the vaccine. I think the problem is that getting vaccines have always been optional, at least in this brief period of time. People thought they could opt out of this one like all the previous ones. Now that there is social pressure to get them, people with no social awareness are wondering they are pushing for it so hard. That is when the conspiracies started to happen. When vaccines became mandate, conspiracies went into overdrive. Now they think the vaccine will turn everyone into mutants.

Anything that disrupts their daily routine becomes a new conspiracy.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
And here I thought a "how long until they want to be called Aryans" joke might've been going too far. Should've known better.

Anonymous X

Citizen
Even if I had the choice to get the vaccine, I would choose to not for various reasons. I'm not risking my life for a cure that got whipped up in a year and a half because of the desperation and the disobedience of people disrespecting COVID rules. And on top of that, no matter if you get the vaccine, you still have a chance of getting the virus and dying. So basically, the vaccine still needs more work. I appreciate the physicians who made the vaccine to help people, but... A for effort :(

I've just been wearing my mask and sanitizing myself, and I'm fine. Haven't gotten COVID once and I'm thankful for that.
So, you don’t want to get vaccinated because the vaccine doesn’t provide 100% protection against Covid, yet are happy enough to wear a mask and carry out regular hand hygiene… Neither of which provides 100% protection against Covid.

NovaSaber

Citizen
I'm not risking my life for a cure that got whipped up in a year and a half because of the desperation and the disobedience of people disrespecting COVID rules. And on top of that, no matter if you get the vaccine, you still have a chance of getting the virus and dying. So basically, the vaccine still needs more work.
The reason it was developed in a relatively short time is because tests that would normally have done one at a time were done simultaneously, not because any steps were skipped.
And few things are ever 100% effective. This one is in fact already more effective than some that have been in use for a long time.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
So, you don’t want to get vaccinated because the vaccine doesn’t provide 100% protection against Covid, yet are happy enough to wear a mask and carry out regular hand hygiene… Neither of which provides 100% protection against Covid.
I don't think I'll ever understand the repeated use of the "it's not 100%" argument. Apparently "not 100%" is EXACTLY the same as "0%" in these people's minds....

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
What's stopping them from lying about not taking anything on that list?

I don't understand why we have to keep playing games with these idiots.

Andross Darkheart

God Emperor of Hell
Citizen
We live in a society with so many idiots that if said idiots don't comply with the rules then society can't function. Like being in a boat that if we don't constantly tell the other side to keep rowing we will end up going in circles.

I miss the old days where we didn't try so hard to keep idiots alive from their own mistakes and instead sent them off to war to die in droves.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Which is ironic cause the armed forces in general DO NOT WANT the idiots anymore. Modern militaries don't do the whole "cannonfodder" thing anymore. Soldiers that are educated are soldiers that thrive.

Andross Darkheart

God Emperor of Hell
Citizen
Which creates a whole back stock of idiots weighing down society. It is also one of the reasons why China has the largest standing army.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
n3y0AGG.png

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
And now they're screwed because apparently no one else knows how to operate the software.

They could have avoided this if they trained someone else to do it instead of waiting for an applicant who already has 10 years experience using their exclusive software but it's a little late for that now.

Top Bottom