The COVID Vaccination Thread

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Welp, it's monday, which means the anti-vax, anti-mask, anti-mandate "freedom convoy" spent the weekend in ottawa.

During that time, they harrassed the few open local businesses enough on saturday that they opted to close entirely for sunday, they pissed on the tomb of the unknown soldier, and they stole food from a homeless shelter. All that on top of parading around with confederate and nazi flags. So class ******* acts all around.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
There were americans there. There were quebecers there, there were lots of folks from all over canada there.

Sociopaths and narcissists to the last.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Doesn't Canada have actual laws against hate speech? Shouldn't every single person who showed up with a Nazi flag be locked up right now?

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Probably, and there might still be charges forthcoming, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Unless your passing through downtown ottawa, it's probably lousy with covid.

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
Welp. One of my Aunts died today. Covid. She was an antivaxxer and didn't trust the vaccine because of stupid facebook shit. It feels cold to say but I didn't know her very well and it had been years since I saw her last so my immediate reaction was to think "play stupid games, win stupid prizes"

Feel bad for my dad tho. He loves his family dearly but hes also shit at handling emotions. Grew up in that "men don't cry" era and all that. Probably having a hard time dealing with it but he says hes okay so there isn't much one can really do to help if he is.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Not only are the truckers still in ottawa, they have now expanded their protests to US border crossings in two provinces, and are outright blocking traffic at them. The latter have been deemed illegal, and local goverments are attempting to disband the outright illegal ones: but no one wants to touch the authentic looking protests because they second they do: they set a precedent that the other side can scream about. And nothing lets fascists scream about everyone else being fascists than an official government being anti-protest.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Anyone hear anything from Rhinox lately? He hasn't been around for 2 weeks. He mentioned he and his wife tested positive for covid, so the inactivity is worrisome. 😟

Heyo!

My wife and I are okay, though she's got some secondary infection that's working its way through.
My computer boinked on the last windows update. That'll be the second laptop a windows update has eaten on me.

I've got a Zoom job interview on Friday so my parents were gracious and assisted me in buying a new Lenovo Yoga. It's much faster than my old computer. So far I'm quite pleased with it.

Thank you for thinking of me. It does mean a lot. When Kal messaged me it made my day that people were concerned. Thank you.

Ironbite4

Citizen
Went ahead and got boosted. Please do it.

Ironbite-for the Little Baby Jesus if nothing else.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
and boosted. So far it's two doses of pfizer and one of moderna. If the pattern holds: they will now start openly talking about shot FOUR.

Which I will hold off on until the american military vaccine is done. Might as well make it worth the wait.

NovaSaber

Citizen
75qpj3l658g81.png

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
FB friend:

The anti-vax protests in Ottawa and the Jan 6 insurrection in Washington DC are not the same thing, but they stem from the same cause: spoiled arrogant white conservatives who are frustrated that the democratic process won't give them what they want.

Joe Biden won the election. There is broad support in Canada for vaccines and masks. These pricks need to accept that democracy is actually a real principle, not just something you pretend to care about only as long as it delivers the results you want.

Top Bottom